vonSanta

Got family members that skydive?

Wife and oldest son have both done a tandem and he is saving for AFF now. She wasn't impressed. Daughter would like to do a tandem but she is pregnant right now. Youngest son says no way! Mom liked the video but still thinks it's nuts.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

My wife has 10 more jumps than me and started jumping after me. Both of my younger brothers have jumped. One made a tandem and the other made a few static line jumps. My mother made a tandem. My oldest son has made a tandem and my youngest, who packs at the dz, will start his training next season. The cool part is I have been working on my instructor rating and will be able to teach him or any of the others that may decide to continue.

My nephew is going into the Navy to train to make the cut to be a Seal. He will be taking a jump course as result. I think it's a safe bet that he will be my only blood relative to make a jump in my lifetime.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

My youngest sister and I went through AFF together last summer and plan on doing a lot more jumping in the years to come. It was really nice to experience that with her and 2 of my friends as well.

My middle sister showed some interest so I got her a tandem for Christmas, once she does it in the Spring I have a feeling she will be hooked just like I am.

I am gonna start working on my Dad in the Spring also, he says it looks awesome but is a little nervous with his bad back.

My mom will never ever do it, I know this for sure, she won't even come up to see me or my sister jump, she just says to call her when we are done so she knows we are ok. She is really against the whole thing.

Lastly, and most importantly my four year old son will be doing his first jump in 13 years, 9 months and 24 days, but who is counting? He already runs around the DZ saying "Mommy I want to jump out of the plane" A skydiver in the making!

Melissa

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"

My cousin jumps, hes the one who got me started with skydiving...his brother, mother and step-father have all jumped too.

My dad is planning on doing a tandem this spring as is my brother once he turns 18. My grandfather is fascinated with the fact that my cousin and I jump. He asks about it constantly, always wants to see pics and videos. After a conversation i had with him tonight it seems as if he wants to give it a try, but not sure if he will. Though that would rock if he did!

*daizey*

Me and my brother went through the first jump course together. It was a lot of fun to experience that with him. He travels a lot, so we haven't jumped together in a while, but I love jumping with him...We come up with some crazy ideas. I took one of my other brothers on his first static-line this past summer. It was an awesome experience being able to see my older brother squirm like that. :P It was really cool though to share that experience with him....and he was the best student I have ever had. As for the rest of 'em, they're aren't too interested.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

My son jumps, but he freeflys so I don't get to jump with him very often unless he is doing hybrids.

My sister-in-law and her husband both jump. We jump together frequently. My wife made her first tandem when I made mine and she says she will do another, but we are not putting any money on it!

Blue skies,

Jim

In the beginning of my 2nd skydiving season my wife gave me 2 choices:
1) I'll be with my family by weekends, or
2) we'll divorce and I'll be free to skydive as much as I like.
I was kinda of non-decisive and continued jumping. So she invented the 3rd way and started jumping herself. On her 5th freefall she realized she's not alone. Since then she hasn't jumped because of babies, but her attitude has been changed.
She's happy for me flying in he skies, she really supports it, and I hope one day we'll fly together.

Also, my 3 year old (a "middle") son claims he has excessive freefly experience but he can't explain clearly whether in dreams or from previous life so this will not qualify here.
villem
life is what you make it to be
http://www.youtube.com/villu357
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skybound