Kuper

i'm Looking for TRACKS Videos...

hey!
in the last few jumps i found myself haveing so much fun from being tracking / flying on my back. it freaks me whooohaa! ;)
i've searched especially for track dives on the skydivingmovies.com (the great site and ftp of David G) but i haven't found it there.

somebody knows a good resource for track diving movies?

thanx!
Ori.
http://www.orikuper.printroom.com

skydivingmovies.com doesn't have any specific tracking videos (i don't think), but clips from tracking jumps are on a bunch of the freefly videos.

Why is tracking more of a freefly thing than RW? And how the hell do you track on your back? I tried that once...didn't work well at all! :)
edit: hey, cool! skydivingmovies.com is back up! :)
Dave

really? hmmmm...
man it' so funny - i found that movie yesterday (before i read your message here) and it was so great that i wrote you an Email, but Outlook had some problems, and after that i forgot it. but hey! i'll copy the mail and paste it here ,because i want everybody to know how great is your movie:
hey man!
i watched you movie Outpatients2 and now the whole keyboard it covered with spittle!
i'm not allowed to do FF w/o my own rig (yet), and on the last few jumps i found out that those track dives on the back are my new fetish... and all the ff parts in your movie, and the music, and the wingman!waa!
it's all made me pray harder for a good weather on weekend :)

Great jub, keep it on!

Blue sky,
Ori Kuper, Israel.

so that was supposed to be in your mailbox yesterday - but here it's better...

(yeh! so i download every piece of movie from that FTP! so what? ha? it's great! go DaveG!)

and now - DaveG - about the track on the back - at the first time it turned me upside down, because i wasn't ready for such a powerfull wind coming beneath my legs. one of the instructor at the dz told me to push the legs down aginst that wind, and put my arms near my body with my hands convex toward the ground (for catch some wind) and YUP! it was so much fun when i succeede it for the first time! just lay there and see my shoes and pants flying in the wind! but there was a problem... after 3-4 seconds it started bringing me to a pose of half headdown (which it not such a good track, and also forbidden to me). so last week i asked again someone else, and as he told me - i'm now trying to be on the back and not just push the wind down with my legs , but to arch and bring the wind to find it's place beneath my back.
and it does help! i did this last week for something like 8-10 sec! B|i'm now searching for someone with camera that will jump with me and record it - because i want to see if it looks good like it feels. oh, and for the begining of it - i start with a regular track on belly and then turn to the back, or just get out from the plane with my back to the wind and laying on it. cause when i tried to get to a track on the back from belly body position, it jsut fliped me all over...
i hope it helps you...
tell me how u doin'!

thanx again, and please tell me something i don't know next time! (just kidding;))

Ori.

i just watched the video
and loved it to

the wingsuit bit was good where they would fall away and ya could see them falling below

and going through the clouds was also good
how high were those exits
as they seemed to be very high up , some of the jumps more then others

I just want to say, thank you.

You're very welcome! If you're interested then I finished Outpatients 3 recently.

how high were those exits
as they seemed to be very high up , some of the jumps more then others

All between 12 and 14k I think, nothing unusual.

I'm with Ori by the way, I absolutely love tracking. There's a little clip towards the end of OP3 where I track off from a flat dive and you can really see the horizontal speed - awesome. And if you like tracking you'll love Birdman :)
Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

I just watched the first 12 minutes of the latest 1 (i only have dial up , the rest is downloading) and that 1 is even better then the 1 before
that bit at the start is cool as
those swing suits look awsome
shame ive only done 2 jumps lol
but atleast it gives me somthing to look forward to

keep on bringing those video's through B|

are u the d00d in the red or is he just some1 ya like videoing all the time

also what is written on that big streamer thing ?
it looks like some web address but i cant make it out

Keep it up
Matt

are u the d00d in the red or is he just some1 ya like videoing all the time

The guy in the red is my best mate Ric Kent. I've probably done more jumps with him than without him - so he ends up all over my footage. Which he loves! :)

also what is written on that big streamer thing ? it looks like some web address but i cant make it out

I think it's foolpix.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

it rocks!
i loved the openingB|!
you got there pretty good materials! and ofcourse the editing and sound, duh...
i don't have a camera (nor permission to jump with one) and i'm not a FFer (nor a good RW partner yet) but i do love editing, and i decided to edit a skydiving movie. so 3 month ago, i asked one guy to edit a movie of his material and at his home. i stayed there till 03:45am, and if i could - i'd stay longer (the guy is married with kids). maybe that's the reason he doesn't even smile when he sees me in the dz;)
i called it Leonardo's Dream. you can watch it here:http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ftp/public/freefly/leonardo.wmv
tell me what you think...
oh and BTW, i just got bcak from the DZ. i've jump once:), we tried RW, he was falling like a rock[:/], but the exit was cool! we did 3 rolls (saltos) with our one shoulder/hand connected... after we stopped working together, i had a nice track on belly, but when i tried to flip to the back, the wind was stronger and the alti was lower>:(
it was fun though!

Ori.