somethinelse

Met another skydiver at new job!

New experience for me...

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER...
I've met somebody else at my new job who loves to skydive...! It's SO funny...When I first had gotten into training I WAS OBSESSED! You know. In hind-sight and to the detrement of my job security, I wanted to talk (too much?) about my skydiving experiences...But never found anybody who really "got it" or wanted to go jump with me.

...So after the GLOW of being new to skydiving wore off, I stopped talking about it (well,:$ at least not to everybody)- I kinda felt like some sort of oddity or something- And only talked about it to those who have been there and done that.

JUST WANTED TO SAY- it is SUCH A WELCOME RELIEF TO TALK TO A KINDRED SPIRIT OF SORTS... and I'm again feeling excitment about when and where i will jump again.:)

Great, but you have to be careful when you fill out those job applications when they ask psychological questions, like:

"When you are in high places, do you get an urge to jump?"

Tell the truth now.

Ed

New experience for me...

I've met somebody else at my new job who loves to skydive...! It's SO funny...When I first had gotten into training I WAS OBSESSED! You know. In hind-sight and to the detrement of my job security, I wanted to talk (too much?) about my skydiving experiences...But never found anybody who really "got it" or wanted to go jump with me.

...So after the GLOW of being new to skydiving wore off, I stopped talking about it (well,:$ at least not to everybody)- I kinda felt like some sort of oddity or something- And only talked about it to those who have been there and done that.

JUST WANTED TO SAY- it is SUCH A WELCOME RELIEF TO TALK TO A KINDRED SPIRIT OF SORTS... and I'm again feeling excitment about when and where i will jump again.:)

------------------------------------------------------------
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

Congrats on the new job.

LMAO!!! That's the same thing I thought when I read that line!!!!:D:D:D

MEN: you can't live with 'em, you can't shoot 'em, but you can act psychotic and keep 'em off balance.
HISPA #10

HA!

As graceful as I may be... :ph34r:Like an albatross...
I think I'm (probably?) more graceful IN THE AIR.

I consider working in an "outdoor kind of capacity"....
and although there are sites where the Bureau of Land Management may allow some BASE jumping-(so I've been told?)- I think that "Some" may think "unfavorably" towards hiring/employing someone who lists 'jumping' as a hobbie....

Ya know what I mean!?

...So after the GLOW of being new to skydiving wore off, I stopped talking about it

with only 9 jumps the glow has worn off?? dude, thats worrying [:/]
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I've always been some what niave about people and their attitudes and conclusions that they come to...!
Frankly, I've always found challenging, adventures that have the element of risk to them really attractive.
BUT the fact that so many people react as if these things are just plain stupidity or worse, the proof, for them, that those who do them are insane or unstable people...Has really made me rethink about too quickly confinding about my attraction to these kind of adventures.
Well....At least until I find that the person has similar kind of interests too.
[:/] *SIGH*
I wish I knew of a way to find out who those kindred spirits where around here that I could have such kinds of adventures with.

I have two business partners,one jumps the other doesn't. The whuffo partner hates when we even mention skydiving. Unfortunately for him I have had 4 of my employees make tandems. Two went through Aff and one still jumps with me now(I am marrying her). Out of a total of 32 employees 6 have jumped and three still do. I can imagine your joy not to be looked at like a suicidal maniac(at least at first blush) to all of your new co-workers. It took me about a year and 150 jumps before I stopped trying to recruit every human I encountered especcially new employees.

It is nice to see an advertisement with Skydiving centerpieced while my company is at a bar or restaurant and catch 5 knowing looks and 27 shaking heads and quizzical looks. Cracks me up.