5kyd1vergav

USPA requirements - night jumps, CA ??

Hey folks,

I am travelling to California next week. I am a C-licence PAI (Ireland) skydiver but I am going to try and meet the requirements for conversion to USPA-D by Christmas.

I will be in Elsinore where I plan on doing water training. All the other requirements are easily met apart from Night jumps.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any organised night jumping event between now and Christmas? I would really like to get my USPA D before I go home to Ireland so I am willing to travel to most areas in CA if it means I can get the night jumps done.

Many thanks for reading. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Peace,
Gavin. B|

Haha good argument.. Unfortunately I don't have a car so I am completely at the mercy of others.

I am planning on going to lodi after the chicks rock boogie in Elsinore so that would land me pretty close to Davis. And I can hope that somebody will be heading that way in the days leading up to the night jumps.

I would love to visit AZ but I would hate to be stranded in the desert with no ride back!

Cheers for the convincing words all the same!
Peace,
Gavin :)

LyraM45

I think they usually do night jumps on Sat night before dinner and the party. At least they did last year.

The times that I've been there, they've had a night swoop show, but only experienced swoopers were allowed to participate. I don't recall there being any loads just for night jumps.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

5kyd1vergav

I am planning on going to lodi after the chicks rock boogie in Elsinore so that would land me pretty close to Davis. And I can hope that somebody will be heading that way in the days leading up to the night jumps.

Lately there's been a lot of Lodi regulars coming over to Skydance for various reasons. ;)

Highly recommend that you get over there for at least a couple of daytime jumps before the night jumps - good to have familiarity with the DZ before you have to try to find it in the dark. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

***Highly recommend that you get over there for at least a couple of daytime jumps before the night jumps - good to have familiarity with the DZ before you have to try to find it in the dark. B|

Isn't that a requirement for night jumps there?
It is here.

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

LyraM45

I think they usually do night jumps on Sat night before dinner and the party. At least they did last year.

That was a swoop show, not night jumps. If it's near a full moon, we'll do night jumps. As mentioned, we just had them on 9/21

Squeak

***Highly recommend that you get over there for at least a couple of daytime jumps before the night jumps - good to have familiarity with the DZ before you have to try to find it in the dark. B|

Isn't that a requirement for night jumps there?
It is here.

Not that I'm aware of. I just skimmed the SIM section on night jumps and it doesn't mention that. But it's still a good idea. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke