Squeak

Skydive Miami?

Well it looks confirmed (looks can be deceiving) that I'll be in Florida in January.
Now being slightly anal I am starting to plan my trip now.
So, Skydive Miami, is that close to Miami proper?
Any Dotcommers jump there?
How far to the other DZs
And How many days would I need to jump and them all?
Any constructive assistance appreciated.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Skydive Miami isn't in Miami. It's in homestead way out on the edge of the everglades. Just keep in mind if visiting there there isn't any camping allowed on the airport and no beer on the airport either. It sits a good ways away from general civilization, but the people are nice and welcoming in my experiences.

IF you want to hit major DZs I'd allow 2 weeks or so. Start down at Miami, drive north to SoBe in Pahokee, around the lake to Clewiston (about 30 mins away), up to SD Southwest Florida in LaBelle, continue up I-75 and Hit ZHills (in Zephyrhills), cross I4 and hit the wind tunnel, then Lake Wales, then Deland, follow 95 south to Titusville (SPaceCenter) and end at sebastian. you'll have a straight shot to Miami from Sebastian down I95.

__

There right. SM is not in Miami but in Homestead. Depending on what day and time, it is about 30 to 45 mins drive from Miami intl airport to Skydive Miami.

Do the route that Stacy suggested, you ll be able to hit most of the big and little DZs in Florida.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

2 weeks is all the time I'll have in Florida and some of that would have to be spent doing stuff Karen likes >:(;)
So if I wanted to do just 2 or 3 DZs which you you recommend?
(I had no idea there was so many in Fl):)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

First of all, Skydive Miami is run by some good people. It is, however, pretty much a Tandem business. If I were looking for some happening DZ's while visiting Florida, I wouldn't put them on my list. Ditto for Clewiston and LaBelle.

Hmmm, so many choices (north of S. Fla :). You can't swing a dead cat in Central Florida without hitting a DZ. Just about all of them would be a good choice for a weekend, during the week, SoBE, Titusville and Sebastian might be a bit slow. (Disclaimer: Haven't been to the 'new' DZ at Pahoke [Sobe] and it's been a couple of years since I've been to Sebastian, so if I'm incorrect on their weekday activity, I'm sure someone will correct me ).

In January, Lake Wales, ZHills and Deland should be hopping, any day of the week. Lets use Lake Wales as a starting point (about 3-3.5 hours north of Miami, a bit south west of Orlando)

NW - ZHills, 1-1.5 hours
NE - Deland, 2-2.5 hours
E - Titusville 1.5-2 hours
ESE -Sebastian 2-2.5 hours

ZHills, Deland and Lake Wales would be the 'big three', but T'ville and Sebastian on the East coast have some incredible scenery from the air.

SoBe is about 2 hours north of Miami on the SE corner of Lake Okechobee (Can you say ...sugar cane ;)Can't miss the lake on even a national map.

Skies,

Michael

2 weeks is all the time I'll have in Florida and some of that would have to be spent doing stuff Karen likes >:(;)
So if I wanted to do just 2 or 3 DZs which you you recommend?
(I had no idea there was so many in Fl):)

my votes to *taste florida skydiving* would be to hit ZHills, Lake Wales, Deland, and Sebastian. As someone else said, hit Lake Wales first, then ZHills is only an hour away, then you'd drive across I4 (and conveniently past the wind tunnel) to Deland (about a 2.5 hour haul), then down to Sebastian (about 1.5 hours south or so). Driving to Sebastian you will go directly past Titusville though. Sebastian will put you about 2.5 hours north of Miami.

As for whuffo things to do- Near Deland is Daytona Beach. Near ZHills is Tampa which leaves endless possibilities- gajillions of museums, etc. You'll pass through Orlando and (ugh) Mickey World drivign across I4, as well as Skyventure.

__

Thanks guys, Mucho help :)

Now comes the BIG request, (which I know can't be answered very well at present).
Would someone like to act as guide and chaporone, and play in the sky with me:$ I get shy when I leave my own backyard:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

there are people from this site at all those DZs. post your dates in advance, and weekends at the DZ will be mroe likely to result in responses- I'm sure people will meet up with ya. Check DZ event calendars next november or so to see what boogies/events are going on where. Large events tend to draw more people.

__

thanks Stacy are you in Florida?
I know Cora is, and SD123, and JmpKramer, I'd like to meet those ppl & you of course:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?