Squeak

Skyventure times?

OK so when I'm in Florida in January I'd like to try and get in some Coached Tunnel time.
I won't have either the time nor money to do a camp.
So what is the minimum reasonable time to try and go for 15mins? 30 mins?
So tunnel rats, what would you reccomend?:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My first time in the tunnel I did 10 minutes coached and found I was pretty tired. However, my 2nd time I did 15 minutes coached and felt like I could go for even more time. I'd say 10-15 minutes for your first time in the tunnel. PM Arlo for suggestions as well.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

You're planning now for tunnel time in January 2005? Wow, that's some advance planning. It pretty much depends on what kind of physical condition you're in. I've seen people in there for their first time fly 30 minutes out of an hour and be fine (a little tired but not exhausted.) I've also seen people be beat after 6 minutes. It all depends on you.

Generally I'd recommend 10 - 20 minutes out of an hour for your first time there. If you want to do more than that then try to have at least an hour break in between before doing more time. You'll get more out of it with some breaks as it gives you and the coach a chance to watch the video and debrief.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I am by no means a tunnel rat, but I recommend to get at least an hour. Even under supervision of a great coach you cannot possibly learn a lot in only 10-15 minutes. Yes, you will probably be tired after an hour or two but it is well worth doing because your freefall skills will improve dramatically. When you are in the tunnel, it feels like there is never enough time. You do not want to be in situation when you just started to get a feel for it but your time is already up. Since it is hard to stay in the chamber for longer than several minutes, people usually split the booked time with at least one more person. So, lets say, if you and a friend of yours book 2 hours of coached tunnel time and you only do solos (usually they will not let newbies do RW), each of you gets approximately an hour of tunnel time.

Have fun!;)

Hey dude, I'm a low number jumper and just finished OSV7 on 20 March. What a blast..the camp was scheduled for 30 min, but got caught up in the moment and did an extra 15 min. TIME well spent, a little sore in the sholders but, like it all, no pain no gain. If your planning on Jan 05, save for an hours time. You won't be disappointed. Blue skies.
Party like it's $19.99

I just did 10 min last thursday, and for a jumper with only 29 jumps at the time, it rocked.
Someone said earlier you cannot learn much in 10-15 min. Nothing personal, but hell yeah you can. I learned an incredible amount, and I was uncoached. They will help you out anyways.
My 29th jump was relative work with a buddy, we strugled to match fall rate and to dock. After the tunnel, we had the sweetest jumps ever, docking and floating around each other no problem, it was mostly my improvement (He is already good).

So... My opinion, go get the most time you can, and a coach if you can. Your money is well spent. If you can only afford 10 -15 uncoached, go do it anyways, you'll see what i'm talking about.

As for getting tired, i didn't get close. I am not fit at all, but not overweight either. THe big thing I learned was to just RELAX, and that takes away a lot of effort. The more i relaxed, the more it flowed.

Anyhow, go get all the time you can!

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

2 10-minute sessions with a long enough break between them to go over what you did/learned etc

agreed. or 2 15 min sessions...that's good for a first time in the tunnel. split the hour with others, its cheaper that way.

Mike B works at the tunnel and is an awesome coach for both first timers and experienced tunnel rats. Sally Hathaway has been booking coaching time and you could contact her at zhills to find out her schedule....

marc

Ok listen I am a SR tunnel Rat..

What skills would you like to work on and what do you want to come of this time feeling...

Also Blinco replied he is a great coach B|...

But, first let me know what you need to work on and maybe I can help point you in the right direction..
Life is what you make of it!
Come Fly WITH US www.bodyflyer.com