TrickyDicky

Empuriabrava - Kit

I have a 2 pin tear drop and on my way to empuria end of June. I have a AAD so no problem there. I also dont do any freefly in it, only FS.

Ive just heard they can be really really strict about kit, if its not perfect its grounded. Am I going to have problems? My spandex pocket is tight enough according to my rigger, and theres nowt else she has a problem with.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

A couple of years ago they questioned the tightness of the spandex pocket on my old 1 pin tear drop.

I explained patiently that I had no intention of freeflying and only wanted to flat fly. I went on to explain that furthermore I had asked the rigger who had packed my reserve a week previously to double check that the spandex/velcro/closing loop etc were all ok and he had confirmed that they were.

The guy was a bit funny with me, but allowed me to use my rig. When I got back, I told my rigger about this and he confirmed that it was fine.

At the end of the day (IMHO!) if the rigger you use and trust says your rig is ok, then you shouldn't have a problem. Obviously if you are in any doubt about your rig, get it checked out by someone qualified!

Vicki

What is this, the Empuria Day? lol

For what its worth, are you implying that other places let you jump gear that isnt perfectly safe?;)

We never had any problems with our Reflexes, and I have never heard of any problems by others.

I'd make sure your velcro is on the new side of things if it needs replacing (not an Empuria thing, just commun sense with velcro intensive rigs)
Remster

I wouldn't worry too much, in the unlikely event that someone checks you out and grounds you, go and see the resident rigger there, Colin. He can generally solve any issues

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"