ifics

1st tandem after 100+ jumps? AggieDave???

Welp, I was a gopher for good ol' AggieDave:P (some sort of Racer certificate or something, I herd "Free Jump" and raised my hand:)) We were out at Waller on Friday and I see somebody walk through the door, yeah, my suspicions were true.. It was Aggiedave! Little over 1 hour later and I was hooked to him 13,000ft up:o The one thing I didn't like about a tandem was the fact that I didn't have control of the canopy, that was definitely a strange feeling. A tad nervous too, not being able to fly my own but good ol' Dave took me up and got me home safe. Awesome job dood, thx for the experience! Also, the video to prove it!!

EDIT: I just had to let my face go, you will seeB|

http://www.flyingarab.com

Click Video's
then
Fun Jumps
then
Blake Tandem (7th down from top)

I also just did my first tandem last weekend..quite wierd after doing so many jumps on my own.
But realy cool....15.000 ft of fun with Jean-Louis Becker as a TM...and congrats to him for getting his rating :)B|

Got a bit of a sick feeling in my stomache from the canopy-ride though..:S
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Right on, thanks for letting me take you. It was a definate fun time, although you were definately more nervous then the majority of my "live" students I've taken.

Thanks for the link for the video, I wanted to see what really happened on exit, kinda funny, actually.

Too bad our landing isn't on the video, I thought it was a pretty sweet landing.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hee! Hee!
Reminds me of my first tandem jump.
Can you picture the summer of 184, Canadian Nationals, I had about 300 jumps, the captain of the world champion 8-way team is earning his Vector tandem instructor rating?
I felt naked riding up in the airplane with no altimeter. I also felt naked being in freefall with no handles.
The jump went fine and we landed softly, yada, yada ...
Nowadays I only jump on the front when we are training new tandem instructors or refreshing ones that got stale over the winter. I don't mind it too much ... It is all about leading by example.

However, this week we have a Racer Tandem rig on loan and one of the local TIs wants me to check him out on it. Guess I will have to do a couple more jumps on the front of a Racer.

Ho hum!

you know thinking about it I'd be far more nervous getting on a plane as a tandem passenger now then going for a solo jump... I think its the lack of a chute on my back, that and the lack of control.

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

although you were definately more nervous then the majority of my "live" students I've taken.

Hell yeah, since jump 1 I have had my own chute.. I was not looking forward to a ride without being in control of it:S Although it was a fun canopy ride, and one hell of a landing;)

EDIT: and the experienced jumpers gave me a nice MindF**K before I went:o

Welp, I was a gopher for good ol' AggieDave:P (some sort of Racer certificate or something, I herd "Free Jump" and raised my hand:)) We were out at Waller on Friday and I see somebody walk through the door, yeah, my suspicions were true.. It was Aggiedave! Little over 1 hour later and I was hooked to him 13,000ft up:o The one thing I didn't like about a tandem was the fact that I didn't have control of the canopy, that was definitely a strange feeling. A tad nervous too, not being able to fly my own but good ol' Dave took me up and got me home safe. Awesome job dood, thx for the experience! Also, the video to prove it!!

EDIT: I just had to let my face go, you will seeB|

http://www.flyingarab.com

Click Video's
then
Fun Jumps
then
Blake Tandem (7th down from top)

HAHAHA! I was riding right seat in the Otter and I saw that scared look on your face:P.........But then again, I would be scared too if I were doing a tandem with AggieDave!:D:D:P:):P;):)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Shit, after I was on the plane I didn't have a worry because I was already committed and talked with Dave, only time I was "scared" was before the jump;) The landing is on video somewhere Dave, I will try to get it for you...

only time I was "scared" was before the jump

Yeah, me too. It felt weird gettin' on a plane w/out something on my back. I just tightened the leg straps on the tandem harness for that warm fuzzy feeling!:)

Once I was hooked up in the plane, it was all ok.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here