DavidKing

80 year old AFF

''We are individuals. If I had sat around and watched TV all the time, then sure, I might not be able to do it. But if you are active mentally and physically, then there is no reason why anybody couldn't jump,'' she said.

''What we do should not be measured in years, but in how we live. And we should always strive to be these positive role models.''

Go, Grammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

What a rockin' chick!!!

Thanks for posting this. Made me grin today!

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

That made my Day as well.That had to be an awesome Jump for EVERYONE involved! One helluva woman that Grandma is :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Jonathan ''Curley'' Maynard of Skydive Alabama Inc. in Cullman, Ala., said that Stevens is the oldest person at his skydiving school to complete an AFF dive. He knows of one 82-year-old who jumped, but that person went tandem

I believe thats Grandma Mary :)Pictures!

Very cool story. I guess it is never too late to start anything. I enjoy jumping with buddy of mine I met since I started this sport.. Although he did start 40 years go, he is now 84 years young and is a regular at the DZ every weekend doing 3 to 4 jumps a day, with no plans of quiting anytime soon. Probably has already forgot more about skydiving than I will ever learn. What an inspiration. Keep on jumping JOE!!

seriously cool. What was it that flew off a few seconds after exit? It looks to be about the size of a handkerchief.

That was her shoe flying off,those silk support hose are pretty slick. She made a great legs up tandem style slide in landing.

Damn Jeremy, since when do call peoples Grandmothers flabby:$
Curley was refering to an 82 year man that did a tandem with us last year
his first jump since D-Day.
David

Anyone here think they would have payed money to make a jump on D day? Or even made one for the extra $55/month in jump pay in making the jump on D day.

According to what I've read, seen on T.V. The Men who jumped on D Day who where physically able to continued to make other jumps onto the the nastiest Mcnasty I can imagine.

Lot's of G.I.'s have jump wings, I believe the ones with the star in the middle of the wing are for Mcnasty jumps and the ones with star on top are for making a certain number of jumps. I may have them reversed but imo one Mcnasty is worth a lot more than the reguler jump.

Either way in the army from what I saw flying in C-130s almost no one gets to snivel off a load, make decisions on winds, spot, etc. Green light on Go means go.

I respect all enlisted swine military jumpers war time or peace time static line, halo, haho, or what ever they do.

Of course in the army during peace time IMO there are some folks who get to choose to make only 5 jumps so they can wear the jump wings "proudly" on their uniform for the rest of their military careers.

R.I.P.

Ummm, let me think about this for just a ... NO!!! :S

Jumping is dangerous enough without people shooting at me.

Gotta give respect where respect is due.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams