flr169

Wind Tunnel avalability........

What is the MAX distance you would travel, to use a state of the art wind tunnel. ( Answer this )

Music and dvd quality video while in the tunnel.......

The closest skydiving place is 3 hrs away.......from the wind tunnel...( Answer this also )

Please answer as honest as possible...

Leave what ever comments also please.......

Thanks for your time and answers.......

---------------------------------------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

I drove 7 hours to Perris. Much further (or if my mother didn't live one hour to the west) and I would have flown instead. In October I was going to stop at the one in Las Vegas, but it was offline for some reason.

Remove the jumpzone however and you remove much of the incentive. I wouldn't drive 3 hours to such a tunnel. I do often seem to drive 2 hours to a DZ that has wind and no jumping, though.

Considering that wind tunnels have such a great appeal with not only skydivers but also with whuffos wanting some sort of safer introduction to skydiving, why don't you see more of these around? Is it cost of operation? What is it. I think it would be a cool deal to be an owner/operator of such a facility. It was a wind tunnel that got me hooked in the first place.

Chris
D26329

Chris
--------
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy s#$* what a ride!'"

Theres no wind tunnels in australia, so I'd have to head overseas. I plan on going to Perris when I have about 200 jumps and want to start freeflying, for the good instructors and for the wind tunnel.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

I'm planning on traveling to Perris from South Africa at the end of the month...how's that for distance? :P

That's not bad BUT
I'm traveling from Perth (West Oz) to Florida to go tunneling in January:P:P:P;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Peej you are gonna love it.. I just spent a bunch of money down there.. and about 55 minutes in the tunnel trying to break old habits...be sure to hit the Meeker Mondays...good deal.. and all the peeps are great.. I learned a lot..I would have spent more time but I blew the zipper on my RW suit and the replacement was a pain.. literally...to fly.

In a way I am glad its all the way down in CA.. and a pain to get to. BUt it makes for an added incentive to go to Perris or Eloy later this year.

Be sure to bring your new found skillz on up to Montana for the boogie.

In a way I am glad its all the way down in CA.. and a pain to get to.

That sure doesn't stop me from jumping on a plane and heading to either Florida or Calif.

Hello, my name is Mar, and I'm addicted to the SkyVenture Wind Tunnel. Nope, it doesn't matter how far I have to travel, I need my fix.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Would like to thank everyone who voted and replied..

Thanks............

---------------------------------------------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"