photognat

How to Heal Faster After Being Stupid

So last weekend I had my first non-standup landing, which resulted in a dislocated shoulder and a bit of road rash. Out of fear for what the SOFPIDARF community would say, I popped it back in myself due to the ER wait time and then ran 8 miles to get a ride back to the DZ with a case of beer. No big deal. Yes, I'm on Adderall.

Anyways, the most painful part has been the resulting 2nd degree road rash. I've had a ton of injuries and I've always let them scab, heal, and scar naturally. But 3 days after my incident while I was picking up my penis reduction pills, the pharmacist told me to try this stuff called Tegaderm. It's basically a fake layer of skin that keeps the wound moist and helps it heal much faster than letting it scab.

I applied one to each of my open wounds. The next morning there was a noticeable improvement. 48 hours later, you can clearly see the new skin has started forming. Yellow goop still comes out (which is why I've taped the sides of the see-through pads), but it's way better than it'd have been otherwise. Evidently Tegaderm will also almost completely eliminate any scarring afterwards, which would be a huge plus if I was a pussy.

If I had put these on the first day, I'd probably be good to go already. As it is, I should be able to take them off this weekend. I've ordered a bulk pack that I'm gonna give to my S&TA, who coincidentally was more than happy to drown my arm in hydrogen peroxide. That shit burned like a mother. I'd say that makes us even after never listening to him (hey Jeff, I jumped a CF2 99 a month ago!).

Tegaderm. Highly recommended. Don't swoop without it.

photognat

I've ordered a bulk pack that I'm gonna give to my S&TA, who coincidentally was more than happy to drown my arm in hydrogen peroxide.!).

Might want to skip the Hydrogen Peroxide, unless it's diluted and supervised. It tends to destroy good tissue too. Not recommended by most anymore.
Dano

photognat

(hey Jeff, I jumped a CF2 99 a month ago!).

If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.

I suspect someone will bring you a pack of tegaderm if you end up staying in the hospital down the road...

You might even consider getting into a decompression tank or go scuba diving. It turns out that the one glove wonder (Michael) might not have been totally nuts after all.

And yes this sounds verynuttey even to me,...so check it out as well....

C

Lots of research about the health and accelerated healing effects of higher than ambient pressure on tissue.
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

ChrisD

You might even consider getting into a decompression tank or go scuba diving. It turns out that the one glove wonder (Michael) might not have been totally nuts after all.

And yes this sounds verynuttey even to me,...so check it out as well....

C

Lots of research about the health and accelerated healing effects of higher than ambient pressure on tissue.

If you're in New England I can hook you up with my hospital's Wound Healing Center who does hyperbaric therapy if you need it. I'm not sure how the whole process works but I know a lot of people have great literature on the positive effects of hyperbaric oxygen therapy

as noted above, avoid the peroxide, wash with soap and water and slather it with whatever antibiotic ointment you have. Peroxide is pretty caustic, keep it getting stains off teeth ;)
You are not the contents of your wallet.