somethinelse

First STAND up landing!!!

YEAH!

Started back into training AGAIN...Did 2 static jumps saturday! Very cool! I knew this would be a Milestone for me....

Exiting has always been a MAJOR issue for me. IF I could get past the anxiety of getting my own butt out the plane alone, I'd know then that I had the nerve to be able to go forward in this sport!

Second jump was the clincher for me though...My 12th jump and I finally got my stand up landing!
I'm so pysched!

I can't wait for the next step in training my way towards being a solo jumper...and my A- Licence

I don't know what it's like doing the static line program. I did AFF. All I know is it takes some big ones to jump out of an airplane by yourself! It took me a while to get the feel for the landings. Congratulations on your stand up. Keep it up!
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

Congratulations on the standup they feel great don't they!? ;)

Exiting has always been a MAJOR issue for me. IF I could get past the anxiety of getting my own butt out the plane alone, I'd know then that I had the nerve to be able to go forward in this sport!

By major issue what do you mean? Did and instructor have to "assist" you in letting go of the strut or give you a shove out the door?

Greenie in training.

excellent! it wasn't too very long ago that when i'd hear "DOOR!" on the cessna i'd turn into a giant knot of anxiety. congratulations!
You'll lose speed, but keep altitude. It will look like you have a choice, speed or height, but either way you're still gonna nose-dive into the ground.
-Chuck Palahniuk

hehe - yeah i suk at landings too. I've done 5 jumps now, only 1 standup landing.

My last landing i hit the taxi-way. that hurt a bit :p . Also flared too early, and thought i could get it goin and flare again lower - nope. - lol

good jerb.

I'm still scared $h!tless when that door opens tho. I love it!!

Congratulations!

I actually had my first stand up landing on a new canopy. In the past whenever I've downsized my first jump on the new canopy has been a crash landing, so that's kind of what I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised when I stood up the landing.:o:ph34r:

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Prior to these Static line jumps I did a handful of tandem and AFF jumps. I was "helped along" in some manner in all the other jumps.

One particularily stressful AFF jump took me about 20 seconds to get out and into the air... SO thewhole jump became pretty problematic & had to pull at 7K to get back to the dz...!

HE-HEH...I am less nervous about the door on static- for I guess obvious reasons... But for some reason, instructors, better prep and the dz has a good vibe too...
I just exited a lot faster and enjoyed the whole canopy ride down.

NOW if I can figure out approaches better!