CrazyDave

Hollyoaks recent episode

i was watchin hollyoaks last night because i was promised some skydiving footage.. i watched, and was actually pretty disappointed.

now correct me if im wrong, but im sure that those guys that were supposed to be skydiving wouldnt bail out of their own in an emergancy especially if its their first jump?. i also noticed that they were all wearing the parachutes, and had no static lines. but the thing is that this would signify that they must have been doing a 1 jump aff thing, however there was about 8 of them i the 1 plane with only 1 instructor..

anyone watch this program?

post sum reply's.. and as i said if im completely wrong hee about that not being very realistic then just correct me :p

I haven't seen it, but if you are watching anything produced for TV or the big screen with skydiving footage, and you expect technical accuracy, well I am guessing they probably don't drug test where you work.

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

but im sure that those guys that were supposed to be skydiving wouldnt bail out of their own in an emergancy especially if its their first jump?.

Didnt see the show, but what would you want jumpers (1st jump or otherwise) to do if a plane is going down?
Remster

If you look carefully at least one of the students was wearing a static line rig when they were wandering around on the ground, but this miraculously turned into a free fall rig when they got into the plane.

As an aside does anyone know if it was Langar's OH caeavan which was being used for filming?

it really did annoy me watching it... i was so surprised that they didnt stick to some of the technicalities a little more... i understand that the hole thing had to fit with the plot.. but even so you would expect them to at least attempt to show skydiving in its real form