ZoneRat

Skydiving Awards, Do send in for them?

The awards I like are the SCR / SCS. I think the USPA awards represent signifigant achievments, but I thinks the awards they send you are so god damn worthless and cheesy that they are not worth your $$$. For the USPA awards, I think knowing you earned them is as good as that crappy piece of paper and that tomb stone shaped pin they send you.

I have never sent in for any of mine ... but I think I may just send in for all of them at once. Why? Cause I think it is kind of neat to collect that stuff as it does mean something ... I was probably having a kick ass time earning those awards if nothing else :P. I need to send in my 12 hour badge at some point too. It is nice to have a reminder also of where you are in the sport and how high you actually climb.

I am also trying to make it a habit of saving things from special events like Boogies with pictures and brochures and stickers so I can scrapbook all that stuff. I think it will all be neat to look back on one day. I am trying to collect meaningful patches to put on a jacket or duffel bag or something. I have never made anything personal like that for myself before and I think it would be fun.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

I have never sent in for any of mine ... but I think I may just send in for all of them at once. Why? Cause I think it is kind of neat to collect that stuff as it does mean something ... I was probably having a kick ass time earning those awards if nothing else :P. I need to send in my 12 hour badge at some point too. It is nice to have a reminder also of where you are in the sport and how high you actually climb.

I am also trying to make it a habit of saving things from special events like Boogies with pictures and brochures and stickers so I can scrapbook all that stuff. I think it will all be neat to look back on one day. I am trying to collect meaningful patches to put on a jacket or duffel bag or something. I have never made anything personal like that for myself before and I think it would be fun.

Looking back from where you're talking about, I wish I thought like you when I was active. Yes, send in for the awards and keep them. Save pictures, video, log books, whatever. Someday is closer than you think....

I have the SCR and SCS, both are low numbers based on how many there are now. At the time (73-74), I though they were high numbers (SCR in the 3000's, SCS in the 1500's). I just sent an email to Bill to get my numbers to put in my scrap book (which has precious few items from my jumping days).

Just a little insight from someone who did nothing but jump (built gear to pay for it) for 8 years and am looking back 30 years now....

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I sent in for my falcon and eagle when I was new. I filled out/got signatures on forms for several more awards (double falcon, silver falcon, double eagle, 4-stack, 8-stack, SCR, SCS) but never sent them in...I think they're still in my logbook cover. I have not even bothered to complete the forms for my gold wings or freefall badge, however have been advised to do so by others with a lot more experience than me, so I still might.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Looking back from where you're talking about, I wish I thought like you when I was active. Yes, send in for the awards and keep them. Save pictures, video, log books, whatever. Someday is closer than you think....

I have the SCR and SCS, both are low numbers based on how many there are now. At the time (73-74), I though they were high numbers (SCR in the 3000's, SCS in the 1500's). I just sent an email to Bill to get my numbers to put in my scrap book (which has precious few items from my jumping days).

Just a little insight from someone who did nothing but jump (built gear to pay for it) for 8 years and am looking back 30 years now....

As you can see from my updated signature, Bill got back to me with my numbers. I have offered my services to help get the (typed) database into a real database and put online at the website.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

SCR-7494, Sept. 1977
SCS-4073, April, 1978
NSCR-1531,Nov. 1979
SCSA-329, June 1995
NSCSA-105, July, 1995
4Stack Recipient-202, Feb, 1979
CCR-315, Aug. 1980
CCS-99, Aug. 1980

Someone had to help Bill but his kids through school.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Skydiving awards... like the USPA Eagle, Falcon, 4-Stack, etc. or the Buquor awards: SCR & SCS etc.

What do you think about them?
What awards have you gotten?

Almost all of them. I got most of them in the mid to late 90's. But since then, there hasn't been much of an opportunity to get any of the remaining awards.

I have: FA-3703, DFA-2103, EA-1852, DEA-1197, 36W-299, 64W-157, SCR-14170, SCS-8010, 4-Stack-4952, 8-Stack CCR-2066, 8-Stack CCS-1259.

The 8 stack CCS was earned just this past May at the Toadsuckers boogie in Moss Point, MS. The last award before that was way back in 1998, I think. I haven't had much of a desire to earn the remaining awards, because it takes a team of jumpers with the same goals to help make them happen, and those are hard to get together where I live. I'd go after the night versions of the CRW awards next, but it'll probably be next year... no hurry...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Nope, don't have any of them. The only thing I've ever sent in for are licenses, and one of these days I'm gonna get around to getting my coach rating. That's about it.

Maybe one day I'll send in for a bunch of them at once, but that's only if I have a room with a pile of money in the middle and lots of space on the walls. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I forgot to send in my Eagle and Falcon before they basically did away with it. I sent in for my 4-stack and just filled out the trash for my Gold wings and 12-hour. I *finally* sent in my SCR over 3 years after the fact, but I've never sent in my SCS.

I think its fun, and you can have fun signing people's log books.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I didn't realize there were awards until this weekend when I was on a 4 point 8 way. Since it was only my 2nd 8 way and the last one fell apart at the beginning I was really excited and telling all my friends and they told me there was an award I could send in for. I may send in for it just cuz for me it was a really big accomplishment since I'm still so new to the sport. Maybe when I've been around longer it won't seem like such a big deal, but now every new accomplishment is a big deal.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller