AggieDave

Wings customer service

Sunrise Rigging, aka Wings, has proven once again that they are some of the leaders in the industry when it comes to customer service.

My Wings was built 2 years ago (literally 2 years ago this month) and although the only time the container has gotten wet was when my rigger washed it, the chest strap hardware, leg strap hardware and the RSL guide ring (under the yoke, I don't have a RSL, check the rigging manual for further explaination) had all become badly rusted. This was nickel plated hardware, not stainless.

I called and told Ankie about it on a Friday afternoon. She told me to get the rig to her and they'd fix it.

I overnighted the container to them Tuesday, so they recieved it Wednesday. Wed morning I called ot make sure they got the rig, I was informed that Henri had already picked the stitches out and was replacing the hardware with stainless. They had it on a UPS truck that afternoon! So my rig is now back in College Station two days later with new stainless hardware and a lengthened chest strap (something I asked them to do for me).

All the company charged me was for the stainless hardware (at their cost), charged me nothing for the labor and got the rig turned around in what I would consider world record time!

I can't think of another container manufacture in the industry that would do that for an average joe customer such as myself (i.e. not a sponsored jumper).

So once again I have been very pleasently surprised in my dealings with Sunrise Rigging.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Did they comment, on whether the webbing was damaged?

Any thoughts on how it became so rusty?

By nickel plated, you mean the shiny/smooth plating, right?

The older style steel hardware, what is the plating on it, Cadmium?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

great story dave.

here is another.....
Back in december I was in z'hills going through my AFF certification course at the same time my 2 new Wings were being finished. I went to the factory during some weather to check on the progress. I find out that someone who no longer works there made a mistake and both were being made EXT. This is not at all what I wanted and one of the rigs was complete. I brought this to Henri's attention and he said, "Well I guess there is only one thing we can do, make you 2 new rigs." He then asked me if I wouldn't mind if someone would own the EXT's that were made,being that they were of a team color. I said not at all. 4 business days later I had 2 new rigs!!!! 4 DAYS!!!!!
Not only is their customer service 100 times better than the company down the street, so is their product. I'm happy.........jim

edited because my Enlish no good

By nickel plated, you mean the shiny/smooth plating, right?

The older style steel hardware, what is the plating on it, Cadmium?

I think you're right and I'm wrong on that one. Cadmium. The plating other than stainless. I'm a gun guy, so I tend to think in nickle plating.:P

Any thoughts on how it became so rusty?

I think I was the lucky asshole that got the batch that wasn't plated correctly or something.

Did they comment, on whether the webbing was damaged?

They didn't, but they did replace the leg straps without me asking. The chest strap was replaced, but I had asked them to put a longer one on (for the swoopiness). So I can only assume that it was damaged. The all three straps were showing wear, but not to the point of needed replacing, for instance, the yellow edging on the leg straps was still intact. So maybe it didn't need to be replaced but they did just since the rig was taken apart.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I can't think of another container manufacture in the industry that would do that for an average joe customer such as myself (i.e. not a sponsored jumper).

I can think of 3 for sure.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I've always had nothing but good experiences with Sunrise. (besides that billing issue I posted about a little while ago - which turned out to be a blunder on our side anyway)

When I first bought my wings container (used, manufactured in 98) the RSL had been removed by the original owner. I emailed them about the possibiliy of buying a new one. They had a new one in the mail for me free of charge within days... (I don't use it anymore though)

Another time a friend of mine pointed out how one of my cutaway cables was too short to stay put in it's keeper behind the riser. I had noticed it sticking out under canopy but it never gave me the shudders until he pointed it out and mentioned the possibility of an unintentional partial cutaway. I emailed Wings to ask if it was an issue and they had a new cutaway handle in the mail for me free of charge within days.

Ask for an inch, they give you that mile it seems.

Oh, yeah, and not to mention they always cram a bunch o' cool stikers in whenever they mail you something. ;)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Noice Dave.
Ankie always takes care of me whenever I call, never seems to be put out about anything, even with all the persistant calls I made to her when I was having my rig made. When I called, after I received my rig to have the f/f handle changed to a hackey, and all of my other insistent calls. And all you people that keep getting al the X/L shirts....knock it off so she can send me one! Thanks Ankie for all you do for all of us!!! We really do appreciate it..Mark p.s. when and if I ever get to see ya....you have a jump ticket in my wallet!
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344