Hey everyone, how's it going? I'm Gwen! I'm scheduled for AFF #1 tomorrow. Nervous as heck, could never seem to find the dropzone from up there when making tandems! I know I sound like a woosey whuffo still, but how many people do you think end up having instructors actually do the pullin' when alt. is reached during the 1st?

it can happen... just remember your #1 priority is to PULL!!!

Sure it is nice to pull with plenty of altitude and pull stable and landing is rather important as well but none of them are as important as actually getting your main out before you, "...get run over by a planet." ;)

Good luck!
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Heck... it ain't no problem to pull on your level one!
Your instructor will have you touch the ripcord three times before you actually pull it so... hell... you've already done it three times before it's actually time to do it for real.... best thing to do is just relax and force yourself to take a deep breath just before that needle drops to six... and then if you remember to the wave thing and if not... who cares... just pull it.... then when you get on the ground and are celebrating .... pour a shot for me!

RELAX!

Now, something very serious: everything you read on this site you should take as something that is wrong, until you talk to your instructor(s) about it. There is quite a bit of bad advice on DZ.com, as well as good advice, but as a newbie its very hard to tell between the two, so talk to your instructors!

Good luck! Have fun and relax.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I can’t give you any expert advice, and can just tell you what my instutors have told me and its real fresh in my mind :P

i never understood how the heck to land in the landing area on my tandem jumps... and my first jump I couldn't remember anything... so i just landed against the wind in a bean field [we have pretty small landing area] I felt so dumb... but my instructor told its all good the most important thing is to land against the wind with a proper flare... What helped is in the next jump was asking my instructor what I should be over [example: a dirt patch] when i make each turn in the approach [the radio should be used as an aide not a crutch] and of corse know which way the wind is going. [or better yet, you pick out the points, then let the instructor check them, it will make sure you have an understanding of it]

Um as for pulling I did and still do like fifty practice pulls on the ground, all AFF 1 is all about the almighty arch...checkin the alt... and pulling. As for if anybody else has had to have anybody pull for them, who cares they’re not up there, its you :)
I could be wrong, take it with a grain of salt B|
Peace is every step yo!

..but how many people do you think end up having instructors actually do the pullin' when alt. is reached during the 1st?

This can happen sometimes in skydivers' life, as far as I remember :$:$ Oh yes :S

Don't break your head in advance, just go out, try to follow your instructors' advices and relax relax.
You are never under pressure.

Deeeep breathing, relaxing... that's the key. You always will be in good hands, trust in them and in you.

Good luck, it will work!
B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

how many people do you think end up having instructors actually do the pullin' when alt. is reached during the 1st?

When I did AFF1 I screwed up my alti checks by looking at my alti, but not actually reading it. I did a double take at 5000' when I realised I was supposed to have just pulled! I skipped my checks with my JM's and just pulled. I saw my Jm on the right side bring his hand near me, I thought he was gonna pull for me, but he told me later he was just going to give me the pull signal. If they'de pulled for it it would have been ok though!

Hope it went well for you!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store