firstime

8 Way

I was involved with my first(beer) 8 way this weekend
We did some dirt dives again and again. We had it down to a "T". We get the green light and out we go... people all over the sky... End result was a 4 way and 4 one ways. This jump was a "big" way for
me. Once we got down and talked about the dive. I
then thought about the real "BIG" ways that we read
about. At that point, I thought about these "real"
big ways. The people that do these 100, 200 and
300 ways have a talent and expertise 2nd to none.
It's not finding the slot that made me think about the complexity of the dive but the break off was what put me into the intense thought mode.

Therefore I must give anyone out there who does
big ways a super double thumbs up.

We are crazy but NOT stupid

For a more successful skydive at 87 jumps, try starting with smaller ways, such as a 2 way, and build from there slowly, and preferably with more experienced jumpers.
We didn't do the AZ 300way and Thailand 375way with anyone that had 87 jumps.
Jump alot, have fun and be safe.
You'll get there someday with determination and hard work. ;)

-
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

It's not finding the slot that made me think about the complexity of the dive but the break off was what put me into the intense thought mode.

Break offs for a big way are broken down into sections. Depending on how big of a big way you are doing, the outside waves leave at one altitude, the next wave leaves at another altitude, and so on. Opening altitudes are also assigned.

I've done lots of big ways, and thankfully for me, I've yet to have a scare. A good track will safe your life.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I am certaintly aware ppl w/87 jumps dont & should
not do big ways. My post was to commend those who do. I was invited, but insisted that I break @ 6k rather than 4k to leave myself a bigger margin of error. I didnt do all that bad, I docked on a 3 way
and waited for the rest but waved goodbye because
it was taking too much time (for me). I will do some
2,3 & 4's for the rest of this season and just read about the biggies rather than participate.

I will do some 2,3 & 4's for the rest of this season and just read about the biggies rather than participate.

If you want to move into some bigger jumps (and there is good reason to want to do them), just let an organizer know that you're interested and be honest in describing your abilities and experience. They will likely find an appropriate place for you on some bigger loads, and you move on from there...

Your skills will not be best developed by only doing small or large loads exclusively, but I say go ahead and challenge yourself with some good guidance.

I was on a 32 way (third from last exiting) out of a narrow door DC-3 when I had your jump numbers.

If you concentrate on safety skills - you must learn how to track without diving (you don't arch), learn how to approach a formation in control, and can stay in place when grips are released, then you will be popular with RW organizers.

Don't be in a hurry, but if you want it, I say go for it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am