grlsgotalot2lrn

Now OR Later

I have done two tandems and completed level II in my AFF program within two months.I wonder how realistic it would be for me to stay current with the weather and holidays approaching(I work in retail), so should I ignore my financial and work responsibilities and pawn my posessions and get out there and finish AFF; OR should I get my stuff together and wait out the season(which means not staying current[:/]>:() and do as many jumps as I can to finsh AFF in the spring?

Dont rush yourself.....staying current is not really that big of a deal at 3 jumps...dont go into serious debt skydiving untill you have too.

Its your call..but IMHO...chill and get ready for next year(unless a nice day presents itself;))

Wait until the weather can give you at least 2-3 weekends in a row to complete AFF and get a few solos in before a break. Trying to get everything in in just 1 weekend (as you posted in your poll) can be a bit cramped in all the information you have to absorb.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I whacked it all on my credit card when I was travelling in New Zealand. If I'd thought it through I might have waited and done AFF in the UK but once I'd set my heart on it I had to do it asap! I did end up having to go home early and owing lots of money but I have managed to stay current so it's not so bad. Do a pros and cons list! Lists are always good in these situations!

if you have the extra time and $, go out have fun and make some jumps! but i don't think ignoring your financial and work responsibilities and pawning your possesions would be a good idea (as tempting as it may seem!), so if that's the only way that you can jump this season then id say wait it out...

you'd probably enjoy AFF more in the spring anyways cause the weather will be so much nicer!:)

How bad do you want it?

After my first tandem I was so hooked I pulled out a loan (with a low interest rate) for the costs of getting my A license and paid the whole thing upfront. I've been going once a week, but I've heard of many people scrambling through AFF in a matter of days. I'm not in that much of a rush, but sliding my card every week would still have bummed me out. Now I can almost pretend I'm jumping for free each week! Haha. Denial is strong in me.

Also, word 'round the campfire is that those who wait long periods between jumps have a harder time. But that's just what I heard.

See ya!

I wouldn't get into debt to learn, you'll end up having to spend more money once you have your A-licence to pay for gear etc. I would say you are better off working as hard as you can over the holidays and saving up enough money to get through everything in the spring and having some money for a deposit at least on gear, even if you end up having to borrow to buy it all (and get second hand gear when you do buy - it's cheaper and if in good condition per a trusted rigger just as good as new stuff to start off with)

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Hey I am in a similiar situation. I did 10 jumps in my progression from June to September. But now I have to save up more money to finish. I was bummed about taking a break, too, worried about losing currency. (forgetting everything I've learned!) But I figure even if I have to repeat 1 level, I will still be better off when I come back in the spring cuz I can finish AFP and then I have the whole summer & fall to work on my skills and jump with people. (Not to mention I will have the money for the rest of my training so I won't have to only jump twice a month like I was doing before!)

As it turned out, I hurt my knee on my planned last jump of the season, so I was out for 8 weeks anyway. Of course, now I'm better and the weather is stil nice in November, arrg! >:( But I'm still holding out for spring so I can come back then and plow through it and then enjoy jumping all summer! :)
The sky will always be there... B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site