skylee_pinoy

Anyone still have old F-111 main canopies?

> Anyone still have old F-111 main canopies?

I do, but nothing I would give to someone - they are all either in an unknown state or so ragged out that they're unsafe. I'll look through my rigging boxes for pilot chutes though.

My Maverick is, less than a hundred jumps on it I bet, built in 1990 and stored perfectly over 10 years before I bought it from "Ralph". Ditto on the Vector it came with. Use it for CrW. It's like new. It's fun, but in completely different ways than my Stiletto.

You and your club can't have it. I like it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

[replyAnd just what club would that be?

Cebu Sport Parachute Club here in Cebu, Philippines. You may check my personal web at www.skyswoop.cjb.net

it's so sad we can't but new models... the fact that our chutes were just donated, and we're still using Unit canopies for student's use. still round reserves and no AAD. sad but true. personally, i get addicted with this sport. I jump with condemned Units and stratos. heheheh...

so, if you guys might visit here, take a look at our gears and if you dare to jump with it, better. oh, we also have 1 paracommander that CAN be use. (the landing hurts!)

[replyI do, but nothing I would give to someone - they are all either in an unknown state or so ragged out that they're unsafe. I'll look through my rigging boxes for pilot chutes though.

it doesn't matter if it's unsafe. personally, i jump condemned Unit and Strato Cloud in our club, considering many holes and hand sewn patches, it still is flyable.

i really appreciate you guys for replying.

Safe Landings!

Never assume new condition guarantees correct operation.

I have an Oz built X-228 (serial # 007 - no kidding) with over 3000 jumps on it. Yeah it has patches and all and I dont skydive it just 'cause I own better gear BUT chances are if it opened 3000 times then it'll open for the 3001st.

(I'm gonna get flamed for this :$) I still use it for salt-water BASE when the need arises (low speed deployment slider down only). It's nearly a quarter century old but it's still fine for that purpose.

g.
"Altitude is birthright to any individual who seeks it"

Like duh!

I'm was making a reference to something that's just arrived from the manufacturer NEW and has 0 jumps on it - it should not be thought to operate correctly just ' cause it's new.

The original poster asked is anyone was still using their old F-111 canopies and I gave them an instance of this happenning, but I guess I can't help it if ppl read other things into my post.

g.
"Altitude is birthright to any individual who seeks it"

Does Mort Freeman still jump with you guys?? I first met him at the AF Academy in the 70's. then ran into him at Clark AB in 1987. made a few jumps with him then. A classic guy and skydiver.
Hope he is well!

i think he's still there... is he the one who operates tropical asia parachute center?... i think this is the guy... any plans coming back here in philippines??? our DZ is in Cebu Province... it's situated in mactan cebu international airport... tower limits up to 10,000 ft only. sad thing is... too traffic! most of the time, we fly almost one hour before jumping... traffic!!! we can't find other place to jump with no traffic... though we have jumped in CAMOTES ISLAND (familiar with the place) nice place to jump, no traffic but the bad thing is we pack under the SUN! there are no covered area, no trees or whatsoever. adding the fact that we're using old canopies. hehehhe...