Jerry253

Keeping Skyride in Check

Unfortunately there is little we can do to stop Skyride in a legal forum. What they are doing most of the time is not illegal, just disgusting.

What we can do is organize on a State by State basis with sponsored links paid for by DZ's and skydivers through PayPal accounts supported by voluntary contributions. This would allow a link from each State to appear nearby the Skyride sponsored links for the purpose of informing "Wuffo" web surfers about the Skyride scam.

Google reports the most popular search phrase is the State name in combination with skydiving. For example "Texas Skydving." That phrase will return the regular links for DZ's in the State and sponsored (pay per click links) on the right and very top of the page. If you click on a sponsored link it reduces the funding reserve, which causes the paid link not to appear and increases the cost if they want to keep it coming up. At the same time click on your favorite DZ's regular link (not their sponsored link, if they have one) and help drive them up on the page. On the same pages regular listings, you should see the "The Skyride Scam" link. Click on it too to help drive it to the top.

There is little point in sharing Skyride horror stories, lets do something about it! We are in Louisiana and have already started a sponsored SkyRide scam link. Please don't click on it!!

Below is the skyride scam link already out there.

http://www.funjumper.com/skyride/

That was very confusing. Why point us to a link but say that we shouldn't click on it? Keep it simple.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

This is a complicated issue affecting all DZ's. To keep it simple, if you click on our sponsored "anti skyride link" we have to pay for your click! Should you click on any sponsored link, even one hosted by your favorite DZ, they have to pay for it! Get it?

If you click on a link in the regular pages, it is driven up toward the top statistically. You can influence web presence this way.

Blue Unz

My days ahead are far fewer than those behind! Clinking a link or two may make the difference in you having a place to take an airplane ride, jump and PULL! Alternatively you can always climb a building, tower or jump out of a tree!

Blue Unz

I think I get what you mean. But what I was Thinking is if some programmer could automate this it would be great, If i could get a program that would do this for me i would leave it run 24 7, I tryed with scripts but didnt have any good results

"be honest with yourself. Why do I want to go smaller? It is not going to make my penis longer." ~Brian Germain, on downsizing

If you are connected to the interenet by any direct means, Googgle and the other search engines will recognize your IP address and only record one click per day from your computer regardless of how it is done. If you used a modem, you might be able to do what you are saying. But that is not what I am suggesting. Let me say it a different way:

Everytime you want to look at your favorite DZ's webpage, search on Google or your favorite search engine using the search phrase "your state skydiving" the example I used was Texas Skydiving. That will return relevant links. Find your favorite DZ's link in the regualr listings and click on it to go to the web site. That helps drive it up in the searches. While you are at it, be sure to find out what is new with Skyride by clicking on the sponsored link on the right or very top of the page.

BLue Unz

Unfortunately there is little we can do to stop Skyride in a legal forum. What they are doing most of the time is not illegal,

Boy do I disagree with this statement, and I make a handsome living by arguing copyright and Lanham Act cases at the federal district and appellate court levels.

Nobody, including USPA apparently, has been willing to don plaintiff's shoes and fight for injunctive relief, yet there is an underappreciated legal doctrine we call "acquiescence" that is operating with each passing day to diminish the prospect that legal relief against Skyride and its copycats can be obtained in the future.

My take on this problem is that the affected class simply is not willing to spend its hard-earned money to address the problem in the appropriate forum, which _is_ the federal district civil court system given that Skyride's proprietors do not appear inclined toward reforming their business practices.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

My days ahead are far fewer than those behind! Clinking a link or two may make the difference in you having a place to take an airplane ride, jump and PULL! Alternatively you can always climb a building, tower or jump out of a tree!

Blue Unz

I'm saying I consider "click here to make things better!" campaigns a waste of time because the time spent organizing, thinking about, educating / communicating, and clicking would be more effectively spent doing _anything_ else to solve the problem.

Clicking a link to change the price someone pays for their ads by a tenth of a cent, or moving someone's Google results ranking by one thousandth of a position for a month until Google makes their next change to their ranking rules is pathetic. Yes, if ten thousand people pitch in there will be a difference. But I'd rather spend my time telling random people I meet who are interested in skydiving that they should call the local DZ, how much it costs, and give them the phone number.

And I appreciate not being threatened in a forum reply that Skyride is going to bankrupt my dropzone. As much as I dislike Skyride's actions, I find this concept highly unlikely.

I accept that clicking a link or two "may" make a difference in something. Anything "may" be possible.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Unfortunately there is little we can do to stop Skyride in a legal forum. What they are doing most of the time is not illegal,

Boy do I disagree with this statement, and I make a handsome living by arguing copyright and Lanham Act cases at the federal district and appellate court levels.

Nobody, including USPA apparently, has been willing to don plaintiff's shoes and fight for injunctive relief, yet there is an underappreciated legal doctrine we call "acquiescence" that is operating with each passing day to diminish the prospect that legal relief against Skyride and its copycats can be obtained in the future.

My take on this problem is that the affected class simply is not willing to spend its hard-earned money to address the problem in the appropriate forum, which _is_ the federal district civil court system given that Skyride's proprietors do not appear inclined toward reforming their business practices.

With all due respect to your profession, work-load, and firm contraints - but given your expertise - how about some pro-bono work on behalf of all of us. I bet if you set up a paypal account for donations - you'd make a little money for your efforts...and possibly after something was done - you might be "compensated" more as a Thanks!.

If you're already familiar with the legal side of the argument - how much extra work would it be to file *said injunction*?? Would it be something you'd be willing to do??

Since it is obvious that no one particular dz, or company, is willing to act on behalf of all skydivers...perhaps a collective of legal minds across the general skydiving population can contribute to bringing them down.

There is power in numbers!!!

C'mon all you legal eagles...put your knowledge where your disgust is!!!B|

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Here's proof that if you do something instead of just talk about it you can get results. I E-mailed fine living and told them the facts about Skyride (they had a link to them on their page about skydiving) and they removed it http://www.fineliving.com/fine/back_to_basics/article/0,1663,FINE_1408_2605346,00.html I also sent a complaint to the FTC and got this response:

Thank you for recent correspondence. The Federal Trade Commission acts in the public interest to stop business practices that violate the laws it enforces. Letters from consumers and businesses are very important to the work of the Commission. They are often the first indication of a problem in the marketplace and may provide the initial evidence to begin an investigation. The Commission does not resolve individual complaints. The Commission can, however, act when it sees a pattern of possible violations developing.

The information you have provided will be recorded in our complaint retention system. This computerized system enables us to identify questionable business practices that are generating numerous complaints and may be in violation of the law.

Thank you for providing information that may be used to develop or support Commission enforcement initiatives.

So take an active role and do something. I am also filing a complaint with Georgia's consumers affair office. You can find the link to both forms on my post here http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1643995#1643995 Be sure to use the company info on the BBB page if you file a complaint so all the complaints link to the same company in their databases.

Flying Hellfish #31
"I'm not allowed to talk about it till after the trial"
www.SkydiveTecumseh.com

So take an active role and do something. I am also filing a complaint with Georgia's consumers affair office. You can find the link to both forms on my post here http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1643995#1643995 Be sure to use the company info on the BBB page if you file a complaint so all the complaints link to the same company in their databases.

Goatboy, your profile says your from Michigan, what position does that give you to file a complaint with GEORGIA's office of consumer affairs... From the sounds of things, I would guess you personally had never done business with skyride in the first place so I guess the same question applies... if you are neither 1. a consumer in the state of Georgia 2. a customer of skyride, then why the hell are you wasting the tax dollars of my state with your meaningless little email?

Skyride is nationwide and not limited to any state. They are based out of Georgia, that is why the complaint needs to be filed there. I have done business with them, I called them and they lied directly to me. Also we have had several of their customers come to our DZ very upset because of their dealings with skyride. I'm not wasting Georgia's tax dollars, skyride is by using unethical business practices and forcing people to take action against them.

Flying Hellfish #31
"I'm not allowed to talk about it till after the trial"
www.SkydiveTecumseh.com

Skyride is nationwide and not limited to any state. They are based out of Georgia, that is why the complaint needs to be filed there. I have done business with them, I called them and they lied directly to me. Also we have had several of their customers come to our DZ very upset because of their dealings with skyride. I'm not wasting Georgia's tax dollars, skyride is by using unethical business practices and forcing people to take action against them.

Generally things which are nationwide are dealt with by the federal government, hence, you heard no bitching from me about your complaint to the FTC. I was unaware that a phone call was now none as "doing business". Did you ever make a transaction with them, or were you discriminated against by Skyride on any basis? Or did you simply get answers which you presume to not be truthful when you called for the purposes of entrapment anyway? Because, I think if you were actually a customer of skyride's and had actually spent some money at skyride or any associated venture, you might actually have some legal standing in the state of Georgia. Otherwise, I'm sure the law (in my state anyway) would find any claim you have frivolous and without standing and therefore, yes, a WASTE of my tax dollars. Thanks.

Goatboy, your profile says your from Michigan, what position does that give you to file a complaint with GEORGIA's office of consumer affairs... From the sounds of things, I would guess you personally had never done business with skyride in the first place so I guess the same question applies... if you are neither 1. a consumer in the state of Georgia 2. a customer of skyride, then why the hell are you wasting the tax dollars of my state with your meaningless little email?

reaserch! then you would know..

Did you ever make a transaction with them,

or were you discriminated against by Skyride on any basis?

what are your answers to these questions?

mine are yes!.....

Thanks.

your welcome....

p.s. tell chuck i said hello..

What Skyride is doing is illegal and wrong. Why do you continue to defend them?

Derek

because Derek, he is a newbie. and is defending them blindly, just like i used to.... remember?....

so what im saying.. is ninjaswooper is just like me.... hahahaha... that should change his tune real quick..

Derek

because Derek, he is a newbie. and is defending them blindly, just like i used to.... remember?....

so what im saying.. is ninjaswooper is just like me.... hahahaha... that should change his tune real quick..

Dude, I'm nothing like you. First of all, I have the ability to spell. But that's really a small thing that sets us apart. The truth is, I haven't said anything defending any of skyride's actions in this case, I've merely argued that goatboy has no legal standing in the state of Georgia to do anything with regards to skyride. My argument pretty much holds true assuming that Goatboy has never actually purchased anything from Skyride. And if my argument is true, then Shimmell, he's wasting your tax dollars too. I know all of this legal standing mumbojumbo may have you confused, but it will make you happy, Chuck says why don't you come down to the next round of the Florida CPC and get your ass waxed by the ASC swoopers.

Oh, and Shimmell, if I changed my tune, I would be just like you, but I'm not.

Derek

Dude, I'm nothing like you. First of all, I have the ability to spell. But that's really a small thing that sets us apart. The truth is, I haven't said anything defending any of skyride's actions in this case, I've merely argued that goatboy has no legal standing in the state of Georgia to do anything with regards to skyride. .

Have you been murdered? If not, do you have any standing to say that murder is wrong?

Your argument is silly. Skyride is an unethical orgnization and any decent person can see that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

next round of the Florida CPC and get your ass waxed by the ASC swoopers

why shyould i do that when they can try and do it here...

if ASC pays for my travel and hotell, i would love to.

he's wasting your tax dollars too.

i hardley see it as a waste of my tax dollers. at least there going to SOMTHING worth while.."trying to keep every penny from cary q".. ben is along for the ride. im betting you , if he had an out. it would have already been taken... you should believe that. because it is 100% true.... but you werent around then. so you wouldnt know.

and the truth of the matter is... if cary was taken out of the equation, "just like EVERYONE""even the ASC staff, and im suspecting the other co owner too." then there would be no problem....