Jerry253

Keeping Skyride in Check

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

This is the website for the Internet Fraud Complaint Center. I filed a complaint there, including all the relevant facts, aliases, domain names, included the BBB contact from Georgia and everything I possibly could.

All I'm interested in is our public not being scammed and that's how I figure I can DO something about it, instead of just whining and complaining. This action of placing the SCAM ad benefits all three La. dropzones as well. :)

My take is that it's fraud to advertise on Google under Louisiana Skydiving, yet you have NO place in Louisiana that will take your certs, and to say you have 300 locations, when there are probably less than that in the US and I know at least 100 of them wouldn't take their certs anyway.

If someone is stupid enough to see a big ole 1800 SkyRide Scam ad right there next to theirs, and still pay them anyway, then they're just plain stupid.

Maybe y'all DZ operators can pitch in and put a scam ad on your top Google buttons as well. At least you're putting something out there that the new public will see and hopefully at least wince at. Our website stats show 80% of or website visits are coming from Google, so that's a good start.

I'm working on our Yahoo scam ad now & hope for approval in the next day or so to accomplish the same thing. Considering that they're paying $8.00 per click on Yahoo though...I dunno...crossing my fingers on approval from Yahoo...

Our next step is to file a complaint with the FTC.
We've actually done that before and after enough complaints were filed, an Attorney General in the company's home state sued that company and won...
So, as someone else mentioned, numbers get noticed. Especially if they're from scammed/deceived public. :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aim high and you won't shoot your foot off!

This must have been short lived, I just checked about a dozen of the domains and they all came right up! Are we looking at host's from Mars or elsewhere? I guess we will have to stop em at the front door of our home DZ. Just keep up the effort!