HydroGuy

Thank You Perris Valley Tandem Master

...he pointed it out and the person looked down and said "whoops"

So I'm not the only one getting these types of nonchalant responces. :|

Do any dropzones ground people for at least a day or so when mistakes like these are made?

Maybe they aren't being nonchalant - maybe they are new, don't know anybody very well, know they messed up and feel like a dip shit. I know that's how I felt.

Now if they repeat that stupidity, well then that's a different story.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Maybe they aren't being nonchalant - maybe they are new, don't know anybody very well, know they messed up and feel like a dip shit. I know that's how I felt.

Now if they repeat that stupidity, well then that's a different story.

I consider having a misrouted chest strap pointed out, responding with "whoops", getting on the plane and still jumping as being nonchalant & complacent. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

We all screw up sometimes, but if someone does something that could have killed themselves or others - well then they may want to consider taking the rest of the day off. If someone forgets to route their chest strap for whatever reason, maybe they also forgot to cock their pilot chute, stow their brakes properly, etc. If I, or someone else, discovered that I missed something major on my rig, one of my first thoughts would be 'did I miss anything else?' and I would not jump until I could answer that question with 100% confidence. I would answer that question as if my life depended on it, because guess what - it does. If you make a potentially fatal mistake and are obviously having an off day, well then you may want to consider taking the rest of the day off before unintentionally fucking up again and possibly killing yourself.

>I consider having a misrouted chest strap pointed out, responding
>with "whoops", getting on the plane and still jumping as being
>nonchalant & complacent. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I've caught perhaps half a dozen unthreaded chest straps, including one just before exit on a high altitude dive. I've never had anyone scratch from the load as a result. I don't know all their states of mind, but at least three of them were definitely not complacent; they thanked me later and said they were shocked that they could have overlooked that.

I've caught perhaps half a dozen unthreaded chest straps, including one just before exit on a high altitude dive. I've never had anyone scratch from the load as a result. I don't know all their states of mind, but at least three of them were definitely not complacent; they thanked me later and said they were shocked that they could have overlooked that.

I didn't want to bicker with BlueWater, but I think Billvon understands what I was saying.

I took it serious enough to publicly thank this person and the organization he works for the only way I knew how...on this forum. Nuff said...

The real irony is I came here tonight to post/ask if any experienced jumpers wanted to do some jumps with a noob tomorrow at Perris...then I see this thread back at the top (it had been buried for 4 or 5 days)...now I have to wait for this thread to sink again before I ask...LOL

but had gotten into the habit of ...sometimes not having it routed at all. Not anymore.

I'm glad you've learned your lesson. Why did you ever start such a bad habit in the first place?

Come on, folks, pay attention when you're putting on your rig. [:/]

I still have a $100 bill for anyone who can catch me on the plane with my chest strap not threaded through. Keep looking.:P