Kid_Icarus

Favorite Part of a Boogie?

The friends, definitely the friends.

At some boogies, the different aircraft of the secnery (Marathon Boogie) are a large part of it, but in all cases it's seeing old friends and making new ones, that make a boogie worth attending.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

All of the above, but I'd say the chance to meet (and jump with) new people and catch up with old friends is the best part.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have yet to go to my first boogie as I am very new to skydiving. I would love to meet new people and act silly and crazy, I just don't drink or buy alcohol. I hope this will not be a problem. I certainly expect people to be who they are and would never dream of pushing my views or beliefs on anyone, I just want to make sure right from the beginning that I can hang out with other skydivers and be myself as well.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

I hope root beer counts because that is the only kind of beer I will be buying or drinking!

On a hot afternoon at a boogie, if you bring me a root beer I will kiss you. Root beer taste so much better when it's hot a you got a terrible thirst.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Great, I feel much better about the alcohol thing. If I ever meet up with you at a boogie or something I will make sure I have root beer. Definately a deal! Wish me luck in AFF and good luck with your future jumps.
Mrs. WaltAppel

I would love to meet new people and act silly and crazy, I just don't drink or buy alcohol. I hope this will not be a problem. I just want to make sure right from the beginning that I can hang out with other skydivers and be myself as well.

Not a problem. There are PLENTY of respected skydivers who don't drink. Some don't drink because they had to quit, some just never liked the stuff to begin with. If you're a confident person and fun to hang out with, people won't even notice you're not drinking, they'll just like you.

For your "landmark" jumps, your "firsts", and "hundreds" and so forth, you probably should think of something nice and non-alcoholic to share that people will like. A nice cold watermelon all sliced up, or a fruit tray, fruit juices or sodas will do fine. I drink myself and bring beer, but I include some tall bottles of ginger ale as well for my non drinking friends.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I appreciate the info and advice. Wonderful to know I won't be the only non-drinker. Watching your dad die from liver failure due to alcoholism is a very SOBERING experience!

I will be making lots of pies (that will hopefully not end up all over me) and buying lots of cold soda! Looking forward to it all.
Mrs. WaltAppel

meeting new people is the biggest one for me i think, also hanging out with friends you haven't seen since last boogie, getting to jump and learn from some awesomely talented fliers... and the partying of course hehe :)

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie