Kramer

Longest Time Off?

I haven't jumped since Memorial Day, 2003. Looking at 26 months now.

Factors were: 1) relocation; 2) significant other; 3) money; and 4) time. Then it became baby and business, etc.

As Rehmwa said, "things changed significantly during that time." My change happened the next weekend.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I took off 6 weeks with a femur broken in 9 places. I thought it was stupid then, since I was on crutches for almost a year.

Now, some 18 years later, I think that was fucking stupid. I only did something like 30 jumps in that year, and the risk was unacceptably high, although I may just have saved my sanity. (I'm sure others will disagree..)

Still cool today to think that 6 weeks is the longest time out in 20 years, although I did skip a month in November 1998 cos I was on an
island that had just had it's DZ shut...

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I took about 4 months off after my first AFF jump after breaking my big toe. Yeah, they told me to flare AFTER I was on the ground.

Then, I took 4 months off again after my first SCR attempt (I didn't get it either). I came down and landed hard causing hematoma of the leg (bruised bone).

Then, my jump buddy broke his ankle in four places after doing a low hook turn, and I waited out 3 months for him to recover.

I guess that's the reason I only have 50 jumps and I've been in the sport two years... [:/]

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

2 years:(.
Started skydiving when I was 18, now I'm 22 and only have 71 jumps. You do the math:|[:/].
( 18, did 2 statics, waited 2 years, did a tandem, waited another year, did another tandem, then did the FJC AGAIN last summer)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Took a break for 22 years. Got married and raised some kids. The wife always insisted I'd jump again, even during the years I didn't believe her. She was right. She's all for it too - says she'd rather have me jumping out of airplanes than on some blonde any day (no offense intended to you blondes out there...).

Ive been back for two years now and LOVE 21st century skydiving, it's even better.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Had a year between my second and third jumps but that was just a broke college student trying to get into the sport. Since then my dryest spell has probably been 6 or 8 weeks, and thats just due to weather in the winter.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."