chuckakers

Looking for 20-way players - gulf coast

Hey there,

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still here, still jumping, and playing team captain again this year at the Ballunar Liftoff Festival.

This year each team captain is tasked with selecting their own team. Soooo...

I am looking for folks who want to play. If you would like to do 20-way RW into the Johnson Space Center (NASA Houston) August 26 - 28, please let me know.

If you don't know what Ballunar is all about, e-mail me. I'll give you the details of this event that has become an annual gulf coast skydivers reunion.

Thanks!

Chuck Akers
[email protected]

If you don't know what Ballunar is all about, e-mail me.

It´s a blast. I was able to attend last year on Larry's team. You can win with even one round less :P:P.
Unfortunately I am back in Germany so I won't be able to attend - but whoever has the chance --- go for it.
Have fun and stay safe ("Pattern - what pattern???") ;););)

M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Hi Chuck! I've already committed to Larry's team.

But for anyone else that is capable of safe 20-way and has a C-license or better, this weekend is a lot of fun, with some serious parties.

You get to exit over the Johnson Space Center south of Houston, and land in the facility.

Attached is the MS-Word document explaining the event.

Check your bank statement. They clear pretty quickly.:P

To anyone that has not yet particpated in Ballunar, DO IT. (if your qualified of course). This is a fun weekend for meeting jumpers, seeing oldtime friends, having a few drinks, ('few' is a relative term), a few laughs, a few jumps.

And, BONUS, you get to jump into Space Center Houston. And as Chuck explained to newbie me years ago "At a demo, from the time you land until you strip your gear..... YOU ARE A GOD!". ;)

So come sacrifice yourself for the entertainment of others.

Cheers.
Larry
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

And, BONUS, you get to jump into Space Center Houston. And as Chuck explained to newbie me years ago "At a demo, from the time you land until you strip your gear..... YOU ARE A GOD!". ;)

Attached is a photo of a Ballunar RW jump from a few years ago. In the top center is the NASA complex. The large arrow at the bottom right is a blast pad, where they used to bolt down rocket engines for test firing. As you can see, there is a huge field to land in, which is probably bigger than most drop zone landing areas.

Latest info on Hotels:

The Official Skydiving HQ for the Ballunar Liftoff Festival is the NASA Super 8 Motel!
...here's the good news for all your team members... If they identify themselves as Skydivers in the Ballunar Liftoff Festival when they make their reservations....the room rate is $50.00/night for a double!

The Super 8 Motel
18103 Kings Row (just off NASA Rd One) up the street from JSC!
(281) 333-5385

Blue Skies,

Al Saylor

mmmm..... Friday night pool party !! (I'm guessing there's a pool).

Still looking for players. I've got a list of 20 people that say we can have more FUN than any other team of 20. :P

Edited to correct hotel address.
--
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

The Official Skydiving HQ for the Ballunar Liftoff Festival is the NASA Super 8 Motel!
....the room rate is $50.00/night for a double!

The Super 8 Motel
18103 Kings Row (just off NASA Rd One) up the street from JSC!
(281) 333-5385

Blue Skies,

Al Saylor

mmmm..... Friday night pool party !! (I'm guessing there's a pool).

Anybody looking to share a room? I haven't booked one yet.

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."

Rich Delgado's blue team (with assistance from Chuck Akers). They did a particularly nice job on the first and third jumps.

But we had more fun :P.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)