agent_lead

i start my aff jumps tommorrow

ahhhh so excited...after FIVE!! tandem jumps i finally took the aff class last weekend...too bad the weather sucked and we couldnt jump...

its been raining here in ny/nj for 5 days now...weather says its supposed to brighten up by tommorrow so hopefully i can get 3 good jumps in..

im SOOOO EXCITED!!

after my first tandem...i knew i was hooked..i have brought about 5 friends..my brother..and my mother..who is 56 years old..to jump since my first tandem..they all loved it but most of them said it was fun once..and thats it..

not me..i wanna learn as much as i can and gain the experiance needed to be a licensed skydiver

hoping i can get thru the aff course before this season is over around here..

i tell you i couldnt ask for a better or more attentive instructer..wut up sam!

and my tandem instructer robson who taught me a good helping of cft and a bunch of other basic stuff

anyways im just hoping the weather is good enuf to jump in...im so amped...just cant wait..

ive been practicing my body position and arch reach touch and all that other good stuff sam taught me in the class all week...just wanna do it already!!!
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

any experianced jumpers have any good advice for me to take with me?...ill take whatever good advice you have

Far from experienced, but go learn from your instructors, not from the internet :P

Have a great time with your AFF and keep us informed of your progression.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Just take everything your instructor tells you as gospel, dont question it and remember it.

It really is as simple as that mate. Me being a ten jump wonder can't really comment at all, but it took me a scarey ride on my back spinning to finally figure out how to relax, once you truly relax in skydiving, the rest just comes to you.

Best of Luck :)

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Tombuch, I think that is what he goes buy, has a good book for you at this stage. I think the title is Jump. He will probably chime in here after a while. If you search his posts he has some good beginner advise. As has been mentioned check with your instructor befor trusting anything you read here. especially if I posted it.;)
James

of ocurse i will take everything i hear from my instructer seriously

what i basically expected out of this thread was some stories of an experianced jumpers aff course and what they learned from it, felt they could have improved on...and what not..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

My instructor said to me "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask"

Always believe what your instructors tell you 100% and always tell them anything anybody else tells you.... they will tell you if the other person is right or not, and if they are not... they will give a bollocking to the other person for telling you

I had somebody tell me something after my 3rd jump, i asked my instructor if this was right for me and he said NO... i then watched him tear a strip off this other guy infront of all his mates and then asked him to leave the airfield for the day and to think about what he had done

any experianced jumpers have any good advice for me to take with me?

I'm not experienced (32 jumps), but I do have an observation. Don't freak out or get mad at yourself if you
end up doing an AFF level more than once. I sort of convinced myself that I'd just whip through AFF in 7
jumps and go on from there, but it didn't quite work out that way. Reading the forums here, it seems to
be fairly common to repeat one or more levels. If you don't have to repeat, great!

ill take whatever good advice you have

If you're of legal age, buy beer as required. :)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.