bigway

Landing a wingsuit letdown

Did we not have a big article on the front page of dropzone.com telling how the boys Jeb was going to land his wingsuit in the summer of 2005?
Seems that article came out a bit too early. Someone wanted a bit of attention.

Do not get me wrong, I spoke to Luigi about this and he said they needed funding but the article made it seem like it was happening this year.

Has anyone got an update?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Oh well, fair play.
When i spoke to Luigi he mentioned that they needed $5million for a 'ramp' of some sorts.

Like a giant waterslide? That'll do... Would make a helluva video!! :D He'd have to do it perfectly though, like the space shuttle landing at KSC... One tiny little fuck-up and you're dead or maimed...

Remember the Royal Gorge Bridge incident last year? B|B|B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Like a giant waterslide?

The water is going to have to be a bit deeper then on a waterslide if they're going to fill it with bubbles. :P

He'd have to do it perfectly though, like the space shuttle landing at KSC... One tiny little fuck-up and you're dead or maimed...

Who says perfect? I say "Ker-Splash!!" :o... :)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

It's just taking a little longer than anticipated...like a lot of things in life.

Jeb was @ Perris on Wed working on a Otter-to-Cessna wingsuit transfer.

He's been playing around with a new wingsuit that has toe and heel cups to adjust the top and bottom tension of the rear wing.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Remember the Royal Gorge Bridge incident last year?

I think that was closer to two years ago.

As far as I'm concerned, this sounds like some outrageous marketing, even if it is possible. Jeb has stated that any competent wingsuit flyer could do this with his new idea - I have a feeling that his idea of competence is a few notches higher than mine :D

Lots of great ideas come and go in Skydiving. Remember Micheal Fournier's plan to break the world-record balloon jump? I guess you could go back even further and talk about Rodd Millner's proclamation to do the same. Fortunately, some people succeed, and the sport is made a little better by it. I hope Jeb is one of those people - I just don't see how it could be done.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD