Salsa_John

Deland Aircraft/jumper collision - Latest

I too am very happy about this. I just got an email from Bill and he is very appreciative of all the support and the many hundreds of letters sent to his lawyer on his behalf.

I have jumped out of many different airplanes piloted by Bill. Loadstars, DC-3s, L10E Lockheed, 182s, and even his personal Piper Vagabond. He is one of only two Pilots I felt completely at ease with jumping a Loadstar and I fully believe he saved both the Palatka Loadstar and all of us onboard one day at Z-Hills when he was riding right seat to help the Palatka pilot become familiar with the L-18.

Glad to have you back Bill!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Latest I heard this morning it was dropped from a revocation to a 270 day suspension, with no word as to whether time under current emer rev would count towards the total of the 270.

Additionally, the DA's office is still considering criminal/civil possibilities after the police suggested action.

Hope your news is more accurate than what I heard

I do not know any definate as far as they will take time served towards the suspension, from what I can gather, they do.

The other thing, the DA has not announced one way or the other about dropping charges or not (also as far as I know) but I do beleive that some of the case against him was based on the FAA findings, so since that has changed, chances are so will the criminal matter..

Blue Skies
---------------
"Once you find a job that you like, you never have to work another day in your life"