Zeemax

UK peeps - travel insurance...

You should very quickly get that checked out.

Columbus used to be great for skydiving, covered everything and were always the cheapest. Then they limited you to 2 skydives per trip (useless).. then it became parahuting.

I got them to define parachuting last time and was told it was a static line, or where no free fall was involved. If there was free fall, you weren't covered.

When i asked yesterday the girl on the phone had no idea and said it was related to para gliding and parasending (sp?). I questioned it and said you did need to 'parachute' on a skydive otherwise you only tend to make one. She said she wasn't sure of the definition, but was absolutely sure and made it very clear, there was a big cross next to skydiving. Didn't get a chance to try again today...

You should really check with them, from my understanding, you may not be covered. :o

To prove that I have got too much time of my hands I emailed Columbus to ask about the picture of the skydiver. This is their reply:

.Dear Mr Davies

Further to your recent email,

I can confirm that before our terms and conditions changed we were able to provide cover for sky diving, however we are no longer able to offer cover and the web site is due to be updated shortly.

Regards

Customer Services
Columbus Travel Insurance Services Ltd, Southgate Place, 41-42 Southgate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1E

its probably a bit late now for you but i just found this

http://www.etravelinsure.com/index.htm

IF ANYONE USES THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM THINKING OF GOING WITH THEM FOR NEXT SEASON

now thats cheep as chips .

i also had a claim from axa , dislocated my arm B|, ouch , and it took about 6 months at least to sort it out ,pain in the ass keep having to re do the paperwork but had no problem re insuring with them ..;):P;)
YeHaaaaaaaaaaa

IF ANYONE USES THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM THINKING OF GOING WITH THEM FOR NEXT SEASON

Yea I used them , never had to claim though so I don,t know what the service is like.
The only odd thing I noticed on the policy was that you are not covered if you have ever been diagnosed with depression

"be honest with yourself. Why do I want to go smaller? It is not going to make my penis longer." ~Brian Germain, on downsizing

and theres a high excess....

The excess look high at first
65,000 for VHI policy holders
55,000 forBupa holders

but 100 euro for non policy holders
When I enquired about this it is applied only if it is covered by another insurance otherwise the excess is only 100 euro
I don't have VHI or BUPA so I dont know if they cover Skydiving related accidents.
Remember this covers all Illness not just accidents

"be honest with yourself. Why do I want to go smaller? It is not going to make my penis longer." ~Brian Germain, on downsizing

Alright, I may be super naive, but I have a policy with AXA, which expires in March 2006. Am I to assume that I am now NOT covered, as they have withdrawn their cover for Hazardous Sports, or will they honour the policy I have with them until March.

I have tried contacting them about this, but had no reply.
www.sneale-create.com

WHAT?!??! AXA no longer do skydiving travel insurance? WTF?!?

Where the hell do we get travel insurance from now? Thankfully my policy doesn't run out until next year, but still, what a pain in the arse. Why have they stopped? Surely there cant have been that many claims?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

????:o:o:o

maybe hear http://www.etravelinsure.com/index.htm
or hear http://www.bpa.org.uk/insurance.htm
hearhttp://www.hazardouspursuits.co.uk/sky-diving.html this site say's it looks at your skill level and how many jumps you have done !!!:D

so lets hope something here helps !!

to uk jumpers , if you report back on any new poiliceys taken out i'll keep a file on them to help us all :)
YeHaaaaaaaaaaa

For trips to Europe you can pretty much use a E1-11
to cover you,

Are you saying that if you have an E1-11, it will cover you for all medical expenses including airlifts to hospital if required? I've always thought these were a waste of time but I guess not if that is the case

Hi Kris - Legal Base WAS covered until they wised up !!!

I guess i knew it was coming ... so this year ... I insured with ...

ihi.com

Which is a danish medical insurance firm ...

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT GENERAL HOLIDAY INSURANCE ....

But the essence of the policy is ...

$300 000 maximum of cover per trip for medical and repatriation costs OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME COUNTRY ...

NO RESTRICTIONS ON HAZARDOUS SPORTS OR OCCUPATIONS ...

MAX 30 DAYS PER TRIP ....

So it's entirely possible to use this trip for a mixture of legal and not so legal jumps (if required) in any country other than your own home country and they will cover you to the policy value !!!

PLEASE NOTE YOU STILL NEED REGULAR HOLIDAY INSURANCE ...

BUT I REALLY LIKE THE NO RESTRICTION CLAUSE FOR DANGEROUS SPORTS ....

As to their customer service - no idea yet as i've never claimed but i beleive Faber says that danish insurance is good ... But then again he says that about danish food (raw pickled herrings etc !!!)

James

hay , i just called harrison and beaumont to ask about insurance cover for my rig
yep they will cover it on an all risk policy (excluding if its stolen from an unattended vehicle not at a DZ)
, new for old if less than 12 months old when policy taken and covered when in use (if you have to chop ).

at £262.50 pa ......:o:o:o:o:o:o......HOLY S**T , that's cheap , not .

zeemax i think i read you have this cover somewhere .???!!!!

anyone out there got there rig covered (not by there house policy) by anyone else as i'm off on a trip monday and want to take me rig without sweating about some tit looseing it in transit or some sticky fingered wa***r steeling it [:/][:/] .
YeHaaaaaaaaaaa