Laurel

Individual Medical Insurance Policy - Need Help

I am self-employed and have been trying to get an individual medical policy but as I suspected, skydiving is getting me denied. Do any of y'all have a company that I should look into other than Blue Cross Blue Shield and Humana? I am tempted to just go without, but Wm and I want to have a baby some day and I would like to at least give birth in a hospital rather than have him boil water and get some towels.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Have you tried getting quotes on www.ehealthinsurance.com? That's where I often suggest people start (if they serve your area, anyway). If not, maybe talk to an insurance broker in your area to see if they can help you. Their fees are generally paid by the insurance company, not by you.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Have you tried getting quotes on www.ehealthinsurance.com? That's where I often suggest people start (if they serve your area, anyway). If not, maybe talk to an insurance broker in your area to see if they can help you. Their fees are generally paid by the insurance company, not by you.

I have contacted an insurance agency, but I will also contact the insurance provider you listed above. Thanks!
My Pink M

I thought the USPA keeps a list of Insurance companys that will cover skydivers, correct me if I am wrong.

Hope you and William are doing good, Yall are mentioned often around the DZ, and it's all good too, I promise:)

I went to USPA's site and they talked about the general liability insurance, but not medical. Also, I'm glad Wm and I are getting talked about at the DZ; we miss y'all, too.
My Pink M

I have contacted an insurance agency, but I will also contact the insurance provider you listed above. Thanks!

ehealthinsurance is actually an online broker (agency). They perform the same basic function as a broker or agent, they just do it online. If they serve your area, it's an easy way to compare options.

ABCBS is the ppo I have. It saved my ass when I had my accident. It's not great but does the trick.

Allergy meds for 2 scrpits are about $45 for me. I have to pay for my bc and I use the Nuva Ring. It's about $50 a month.

Not sure if that helps you but it might give ya an idea of what to expect. I'm sure bc pills are much cheaper and probably covered by the plan.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com