syntax

jumpvids to techno

Hi all,I think a lot of people would agree that techno goes really well on jump vids.Well ive started using my djing skills to really personalise mine and other peoples videos.What i do is when i dub a video from a master tape i hook my mixer into the video.Then i take a collection of samples then i manually drop in at the right time of the jump in time with the track thats playing.(I use turntables)This can be time consuming but it is fun and the result is worth it.For example on the door i might use 'Welcome to my world' Or 'step out into the void' and at break off I'll drop in 'now is the time'. All perfectly timed because i'm watching the video and dropping it in manually.For a friends mal Video as the main streamered i dropped in 'Extreme terror!'and as he walked back to the dz i played 'I'm alive, I'm alive'This really seems to work well and adds to the intensity of the jump.Obviously the skies the limit as to what you can do here or rather the amount of records you have.Was just wondering if anyone else is doing anything similar with their jump vids. Cheers.
------------------------------------skydiving...the grounds the limit!

i'm going to redo the soundtrack for my 1st jump vid. i'm trying decide what to use. there are so many cool songs that have either uplifting lyrics or beats that just seem to go so well with skydiving. when i finally have my A i want to get filmed on a few jumps and put a 3-4 minute video together. on part of it i want to use keoki's "smile". what type of techno do you like to spin?
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

I've been mixing for over 12 years and have moved through a lot of styles from house, to hardcore. But these days I'm lovin hard house, trance and freeform.It definitely is easier combining a few jumps together and doing the soundtrack for them all as one long mix.
------------------------------------skydiving...the grounds the limit!

Hardcore is brilliant. I tried mixing some of that into one of my videos but I found it just didnt work. Too fast a tempo although the music and lyrics often go well.

attempted....

Chemical Love - Futureworld
Your Shining - Breeze & Styles
Paradise - Dougal & Gammer feat Jenna
Ordinary People - Dougal, Gammer & Smiley feat Jenna
Addictions - Dougal & Gammer
Total XTC - Breeze & Styles

... to name a few :D
Shame cos they are my favourite songs. If you make it work let me know cos Id love to see it! :)

i hook my mixer into the video.Then i take a collection of samples then i manually drop in at the right time of the jump in time with the track thats playing.(I use turntables)This can be time consuming but it is fun and the result is worth it.

Stylish!
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

i hook my mixer into the video.Then i take a collection of samples then i manually drop in at the right time of the jump in time with the track thats playing.(I use turntables)This can be time consuming but it is fun and the result is worth it.

Stylish!

wheres the video???
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+