sparkykite

weight limits

Hello, this is my first post so please be niceB|

I weigh 15 and 3 quarter stone. Im not fat but have heavy bone structure and carry a fair amount of musscle. im 5,10. is there any where i can train that will exept this weight?

Thanks for your help
james

I had to get the conversion on that one...

Just so others don't have to .... 15.75 stone = 220.5 pounds

You shouldn't have a problem at most places as long as dress lightly if they make you stand a on a scale B|
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I don't know about the UK but in the US most have a weight limit of 225 lbs. and the DZ i went to train had there weight limit at 250 lbs.

I was 245 5'11"
maybe you need to come acroos the pond and get your A.:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Your closest DZ's are the parachute centre at Tilstock (call 01948 841111), Black Knights at
(01524 791820 – Drop Zone 01772 717624 – Admin Office) or Northwest Parachute Centre at Cark (015395 58672 – (airfield). 01772 774188 or 01229 889516 (midweek)).

Try calling these guys and asking them about what they think because hopefully you'll get a more in depth answer than those found on the internet.

Failing that do what Darius suggested and train in the States.

big boned huh?

Seriously, like other people said call the different dropzones and find out what their rules are.

Weight is not the only thing they look at.. if you're a 250 pound bodybuilder, you're still in shape and all that even though according to the weight restrictions you are "overweight"

The weight thing has more to do with how in shape you are than with the real weight..

The weight thing has more to do with how in shape you are than with the real weight.

In the US, equipment manufactured under TSO-C23c is limited to 254 lbs exit weight (= jumper + clothing + equipment). It doesn't matter if the weight is in good shape or not.

Equipment manufactured under TSO-C23d may have a higher limit, but only some student equipment is certified to TSO-C23d standards.

Mark

If you still have problems in the UK, you dont have to travel all the way to the US. Sweden is close and cheap to travel to with Ryan Air. If you like it a bit warmer, there are good dropzones in Spain aswell.

Good luck!

/D