clintonradloff

ARE CYPRES AND AAD'S COMPULSORY

Pretty much.

I don't know many jumpers without AADs here, though some of the older crowd jump without when the Cypres' hit EOL or need a service.

You can ask Brett Higgins about that. :-) He actually got to use his pull-out reserve (his rig is legal in Australia and therefore could be jumped at the CRW record). Its a quite cool setup I must say - I actually would like to have a pull-out reserve - but its definitely not AAD compatible :-)

(The rig has a pud for the reserve pc attached on the main lift web on the left side. Its funny glancing over at someone and seeing no obvious reserve handle :-)

You must have an AAD to D licence (200 jumps). Between D & E (500) you can have either an AAD or an RSL. Once you have your E you can do what you like.

Ergo, you must have an AAD until you have at least 200 jumps.

I can see whay its needed for students and tandems, and although imveyr inexperienced, I think it should be left ot the DZo to decide whether he wants people to have an AAD, not a nationwide rule. People should ahev the choice, yet the DZO should ahev the last word as it is his business. JUst my 0.02