Zipp0

Anyone Read This?

Mental Training for Skydiving and Life

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0970776306/103-4735037-6291025?v=glance&n=283155

Any good?

After 2 jumps, it seems to me that the mental side is nearly everything in this sport. Has anyone read this book, and what were your impressions? I'm just looking for some good exercises to help me to focus on my tasks in spite of some sensory overload.

Thanks!

Zipp0

Edited by slotperfect to make the link clicky

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

also recommend germain's Transcending Fear if you're into this kind of thing (optimal performance and all)

Right now I'll settle for plain old performance. Optimal can come later. ;)

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I had the fantastic oppurtunity to be on the 2nd "search" held by Skydive University. Dr. John was there working with us on mental training every morning and pretty much any time you had a question. He is a fantastic person. His techniques were a tremendous help to me when I was learning how to skydive. I have recommended the book to several people......... Not all skydivers I might add.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I second the notion to check out Brian Germain's new book "Trancending Fear". Also, his parachuting class has a 6-8 hours section that deals only with the psycological side of things. Very worthwhile.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

'his parachuting class'?? brian germain's? can you give me a context for what you are saying about this? or are we talking about john derosalia?

just curious. i loved the book _transcending fear_ and corresponded a bit with brian about it, was so impressed by him. if he taught a class like that, i would be very interested.
life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
(helen keller)

I also really liked the book "Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why" .... Not exactly skydiving related (although skydiving is mentioned) but it goes into "risky" sports, and why some of us handle things better than others... Really good read.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.