dfreefallerz

young skydivers....

From what I hear, there is no minimum age to skydive. However, all of the places I have looked at say that you have to be 16 and have parental consent. Is there any places that a younger (14) person could go to jump? If there are any places where I could jump, how much would it cost?

Any places in Ohio would be best.

Thanks

Not being a US jumper I wouldn't know but If you really struggle you could go and learn some excellent skills in a wind tunnel. You'd learn kick ass freefall skills which would be an excellent foundation for when you do make your first jump. Just a thought :)

16 is pretty much the youngest anywhere, unless you're a kid of a DZO. However, you may have to do some hunting for a DZ to take you when you're 16, simply due to liability reasons and legal issues surrounding the Release of Liability contract that you have to sign to jump.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

In Ohio there is only one place that may take you at 14, but you would need to have parents there to sign and do all the paperwork. Please PM for the location.

As for the legality of it, there are no limits to the age, but for the liability reasons anyone that takes a minor under 18 is violating at least one manufactors statement on age of students.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com