Tanvan

newbie canopy control

I've only jumped twice and i really need to work on my arch but with the canopy over my head I feel pretty brave. I was wondering what caution i should take when trying faster turns longer flairs etc. What are some opinions on what i should be prepared for and what i should stay away from?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Two Fingers, , This Is Skydiving.

I've only jumped twice and i really need to work on my arch but with the canopy over my head I feel pretty brave. I was wondering what caution i should take when trying faster turns longer flairs etc. What are some opinions on what i should be prepared for and what i should stay away from?

I'm newbie too, I'm kind of worrying about canopy control in landing area. There's only one way that I think of, ASK INSTRUCTORS, they will always help. I'm goin have start AFF1 to 7 on this Sat, at the skydive the farm.

PS. Don't forget, ask instructors, they always be there for help whenever you ask! (any dropzones) :ph34r:
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

I was concerned about canopy flight when I was a student but I found out when I was up there that it's actually quite straight-foward and easy to get to your target and fly the pattern. One advantage of the big student canopies is you have a lot of time to figure it out. Have fun! :)

please when you get your advice know who your getting it from, be sure that this person has a ton of credibility at the dz and in the sport more importantly. I say this because there a a few people who are instructors and who are idiots and have had multiple malfunctions canopy accidents, etc. but their putting out students. i have almost 500 jumps now and have probably triple the experience these people do and have absolutely 0 intesrest in being a coach or instructor until i have a ton i mean a ton more experience. They are idiots and one instrutor just last week was ripped of of the step and destroyed the tail of the aircraft because he was "making love" to the strut with his pilot chute and he almost took the student with him. I have not said this to be a dick or tell you that your staff is incompetent I have just witnessed to many low time jumpers with basically no experience, with the idea it would be cool to be an instructor tell too many new time jumpers the wrong advice.

have fun and never never be afraid to ask questions

thanks, Joel
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

i think the best person for advice is Isaiah McCauliffe at performance designs so just call pd and ask for him and they should hook you up he is extremely knowledgable and will not steer you in the wrong direction
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

I was the opposite. I LOVED the exit and freefall but was apprehensive under canopy. I bought Brian Germain's book, "The Parachute and Its Pilot". It totally rocks. Now my canopy stuff is much better. Even if you are really comfortable under canopy , as a new guy (like me), the book is a great source.

And like everyone always says, ask the experienced instructors you trust at your dz.

Stan