afraidofheights

Prescription Glasses?

Yes. Yes.

There are goggles that fit over glasses, there are helmets that fit over glasses. I have a helmet that does not fit over my glasses, and when jumping I wear contacts instead. Both the goggles and the helmets that would fit over my glasses are too big for my liking. Goggles can actually blow off at 200 mph.

Wearing a (hard) helmet is mandatory for AFF and S/L students everywhere I know of, but not required for tandem. For tandem, you could wear a frap hat (sort of a 'soft helmet'). Ask. Helmets and the like mostly protect your ears from riser slap on opening, otherwise the effect is mostly cosmetic.

Ask your instructor before you jump.
Johan.
I am. I think.

Can you wear prescription glasses during freefall? When I go, I want to be able to enjoy the view. Would they let me wear a helmet or something?

Suggest Leaveing a extra pair of glsses in the car just in case.

Don't fprget check with your instructor first.B|

R.i.P.

You can wear gogles that fit over your glasses. A tight fit around the nose and cheeks is key keeping them from blowing off. Many, many people jump with goggles over glasses on a regular basis. The drop zone will ensure that you get goggles and a good fit.

You can get a helmet, too. If you do a tandem jump, a soft helmet (frap hat) is preferable because you would not want to bloody the tandem instructors nose should you accidently throw your head back into his face and a soft helmet would minimize that chance. For AFF (individual training) you will be given a hard helmet. It is a requirement.

Have fun, smile and enjoy your first skydive!
:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You can order special made prescription goggles. Look here: http://www.sportrx.com/search_results.asp?type=sport&sport=skydiving I have the G102. When I ordered them, all they had was the G101 and G102. You don't get much peripheral vision with them but they cut down on the hassle of regular goggles over glasses. Having a full-face helmet with shield might be a problem though. Just depends on whether you have room to spare. I use my Factory Diver helmet without face shield when I use the goggles, and I definitely use the goggles when jumping my Bonehead camera helmet. The newer goggles being offered look like better choices...

Edited to add: D'OH! I just re-read your post and realized you haven't even jumped... :S Oh well, if you try the jump and you like it enough to continue in the sport, at least you have a good reference to use here. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have hundreds of jumps wearing my regular prescription glasses with just an elastic strap around the back of my head. I used to make my own elastic straps from rubber bands that I found laying around the dropzone.
Now I wear racketball glasses.
My next prescription glasses will probably be Wiley-X or something similar.