tetra316

Self inflating belt for beach jumps

If anyone finds them available in the surplus market cut the harness off and sew belt loops on the back of each chamber holder.

Nope Slug~;)

I LIKE the double shoulder holster thingie!B|

Keeps 'em out of the way but handy,...some of us have a lotta OTHER shit hanging off the harness etc.
when we find ourselves near water...:S

Hi Twardo

:$Stand corrected.

Big people wear the set, little people can split the pair and cost just like para gear. The military has to design their flotation gear for one size fits all.

Do you know if military surplus stores carry them? Can't imagine uncle sam keeping the same set in service for 40 yr's.

R.I.P.

Do you know if military surplus stores carry them? Can't imagine uncle sam keeping the same set in service for 40 yr's.
I have an 'old' original set that's 'well used';)
but serviceable, and found an almost exact aftermarket copy, in a lighter weight, blue nylon that was cheaper new... than Uncles throw away!:o:S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

They were used 35 yr's ago and may still be used on military planes and actually were designed and issued in a set to be worn with a harness as a pair.

This is what is used in the military now.

http://www.mustangsurvival.com/products/product.php?id=350&mc=57

http://www.mustangsurvival.com/products/product.php?id=341&mc=57
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Or, you could find a sporting goods store in the local area that carries the [CO2] cartridges.

These are a little more specialized than a generic "sporting goods" store, but bike shops and gun shops may also have them. There are bike tire pumps and BB/pellet guns that use CO2 cartridges. Depending on the local laws, larger Wal-Mart stores often sell BB guns and therefore have the cartridges as well.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

You can fly with the belts, but not the C02 cartridges. You can still inflate it, but you have to do it manually (there's a tube you blow into). What I did was order a C02 cartridge online to be shipped to someone who was driving to the boogie where flotation gear was required. Or, you could find a sporting goods store in the local area that carries the cartridges.

It's worth asking, by the way, you can always throw them away. I got about three inflatables WITH about 6 CO2 cartridges in my checked luggage through Dulles. I told them the canisters were in there and they let them go through.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I LIKE the double shoulder holster thingie!

I have about a dozen sets of those... 10 Army Parachutst type yellow ones... and 2 Air Force LPU-2..... and just for grins I fired off both of the flotation chambers at LP when I jumped the ParaCommander into the water...The Army ones are HUGE

Rubber Ducky.......youre the one......

you make jumptime so much fun.......

Just splashed around till the boat got there... fun stuff.