TheGirlWonder

Jumping without a license???

Hey Everyone! Quick question that I am hoping someone will answer for me. I just got my A license last weekend and am super excited. Now I am traveling on business this week and cant stand the thought of going a whole week without getting any jumps in. Im staying in Houston right now and found out about Spaceland. My question is, will I be able to jump there even though I havent gotten my license in the mail yet. Can they just call the USPA and make sure that im legit?? (I dont have my logbook or anything on me)

Do you have your yellow card or whatever you sent in to the USPA... It counts as your licence until yours comes in the mail...

Or, do don't HAVE to mail it in - you can keep that yellow card as your licence... I never got my "A" number, but jumped using that yellow card at 3 DZs before I got my "B".

Edit - I see you don't have anything on you... You could have the visiting DZ call your home DZ...

No logbook, no license card, no USPA card, novice jumper. I guarantee they won’t just throw you on an airplane and let you jump.

Elsinore is a large reputable dropzone as is Spaceland. It should not be a problem to get something worked out but you need to take the initiative. Call Spaceland and see what they will require. Call Elsinore and see what they can fax to Spaceland, copy of jump records, etc. Some of the staff at Spaceland may even know the staff at Elsinore and can help vouch for you if paperwork is hard to come by. Do this long before you ever show up to the DZ. It might take a little time to get this handled so start making your calls now if you want to jump this weekend. You should not have a problem but start working the phones now to avoid problems later.

And you will love Spaceland it’s a great DZ and a fun bunch of people. Just watch out for the mosquitoes after dark!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

The DZs phone number is 1-800-SKYDIVE (if you call from the hotel phone, not your cell). Call them and ask. They're open today.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

glad you got stuff worked out. have fun jumping!

haha, I'm sure if i was ever in a similar position, those elsinore office chicks would laugh at me, and say, "too bad, if you jump there, we are deleting your account" ... I love dem office chicks!!!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720