MagicGuy

Cypres Card For Travel

I'm going to be traveling with my rig in a couple of months and plan on carrying it on the plane. I bought the rig second hand, and don't have the Cypres card that explains what it is for the people at the airport security that may want to open my reserve.

Is there a place where I can download this and/or the letter that explains that sport parachutes are allowed as carry-ons?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks..

Here is the link to the information on the TSA website. Also, there was a letter from USPA on the subject, but I couldn't find it on their web site. There is, however, some info on USPA web site. There were several threads in the past on this topic, some of them may have links -- do a search. As for the Cypres card, you can write to Airtek, and they should be able to send you one. I also found a scan of that card on the internet quite some time ago, but the resolution was rather crappy, so I have re-done it with little enhancements -- that's what I carry when I travel with my rig. I cannot attach it here because of the file size, but if you want, I can email it to you.

I have anothehr self-made one-page warning notice that may come in handy -- I put on top of the rig, so it's the first thing visible to whomever opens my suitcase. I posted it before in another thread, but here it is (attached).
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

In my experience none of that stuff makes a difference. I've travelled a lot with my rig, always as a carry on. Worst case is that I need to give it to a flight attendant, who then stores it "somewhere safe" and gives it back to me when I leave the kite.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I have another self-made one-page warning notice that may come in handy

That's a nice notice to include with the rig. Thanks for sharing it.
Each airport has slightly different procedures, but anything that helps the TSA folks stop and look up their own regs is good.

Kevin

Everyone here gave you good advice. You can also add information that is available from the individual airlines's website under the baggage section. Continental, Delta, and Southwest have information on parachutes as baggage on their individual websites. Others may also but these are the only ones I'm familiar with

Chris

In my experience none of that stuff makes a difference.

agreed,

however, I still always travel with three things - the TSA policy on parachutes, photocopy of the cyprus card, and the specific airline's policy on parachutes or carryons. I also have a personal itinery with contact info with the TSA policy and the rig, in case I ever have to check the thing so they can call me at the gate.

I've never needed any of this stuff so far. But I still do it, just in case. And it only takes a couple minutes.

The worst flak I've ever gotten is from my weight belt.

The best situation was at the x-ray where the attendant called over the crew and showed them my rig and used it to train them on the correct policy.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants