somethinelse

Determining YOUR Hard Deck

This is kinda of funny. This guy is a student (18 jumps) and is not going to be jumping with ANYONE other than an instructor or a coach for a number of jumps yet. His pull altitude and hard deck are fine for a STUDENT. As he gets more experience he will naturally lower these (on the advice of his instructors).

Once he gets his license and starts jumping with other people things may change but the discussions of not being able to jump with many other people is irrelevant as he can't jump with anyone other than instructors and coaches yet anyway. As far as exit order, I’m sure his DZ has it worked out. He’s a student guys….

As far as my hard deck, it went from 3,000 to 2,500 to 2,000 and currently sits at 1,800, where it will stay for some time. Why, because I learned more and more, have better and better reaction times and pull lower and lower given the types of jumps I’m doing. Currently I never pull below 2,500 (although I’m licensed to pull as low as 2,000) so 1,800 is reasonable to know if I have a good main and yet still give me time to chop if I need to. As I stated in another post I hear flat line (set at 1,800) I’m grabbing handles.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Thank you for reiterating the fact that this post was put up by a 18-jump student.

Those guys were already making me feel like aloser for having such a "HIGH" hard deck...BUT I AM A STUDENT! And only have small #of jumps so far.
Remember? I don't want to be intimidated to feel that is somehow not good enough. It IS right for me at this point in my training. I've only just done my first solo! OKAY?

My DZ is cool with where I am in my training and experience OR rather my lack there of. I got a lot to learn...and I love the journey that I've begun in this sport...

And yet, You can be sure that WHEN I do finally jump at ANOTHER DZ, things will probaby have changed with everything that I am skilled and capable to do.

BUT for NOW I am only jumping AT MY DZ with those WHO KNOW ME, as well as WHAT I can do,as well as WHAT my STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES are.

Blues! :)

Those guys were already making me feel like aloser for having such a "HIGH" hard deck...BUT I AM A STUDENT! And only have small #of jumps so far.
Remember? I don't want to be intimidated to feel that is somehow not good enough. It IS right for me at this point in my training. I've only just done my first solo! OKAY?

20 jumps later I'm still opting to throw the PC at 3800-4000. When you're at a different DZ, or using yet another different rental rig, why wouldn't you? And no one at the DZ or on the plane has given me flack for it. Visiting Perris, they had me towards the end of the exit order, but that's no problem. And people were still happy to do a jump with me - planned two way became a 3 way hybrid with 3 freeflyers around us. Since these additions happened on the flight, we choose to have me stay in the center, they broke and tracked off at 5 and I promptly pulled at 4 to add some vertical separation as well.

(this was monday 30th - any of you here? I would have liked to see the video but had to run home to dinner with mom, and you guys had a 15 min call for the sunset swoop and chug)

Lila - I was down to 3500, but had a slow opener that got the coach a bit nervous as I was under canopy well below him. Until I have my own container and/or successfully handle a cutaway, it seems to make sense to stick where I am.

I'm cool with ya, Richy.
No worries, my skybro friend...It's all good.

..........................BUT.....................................
Don't throw anything IN MY FACE!

Remember,
once in a while I actually wear make-up,
Imagine that!
And I wear contact lenses.
If I loose one of those,
I can kiss my day of jumping goodbye.
:)LiLa.

I'm so psyched!

Our DZ S&TA dude, Rick, approved a lower pull altitude for me at 4500 & is giving me more leeway with fine tuning my approach pattern, too!

No "Back-40" landing for me this past jump! Finally, I'm getting within spitting range of those illusive peas!

YEAH! PROGRESS AT LAST! ;) LiLa.

P.S.
Thanx for the go ahead Rick! "YOU "DA MAN!"