udder

Anyone doing accuracy?

Howdy

Just looking for what sort of wingloading is used on accuracy canopies? Im 190 naked...

Also since this would last one day in the classifieds, if anyone can hook me up with a canopy or rig for sale I would greatly appreciate it. I imagine there are a few that have sitting in basements and closets for years.
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

I jump a Sharpchuter 245 and a Star Trak I 265.
I am 170lbs w/o gear.
I like to use the 265 in smaller landing areas(better flat turns). But I can land the 245 just about anywhere, and its good for casual CRW.
I highly recommend Flight Concepts. http://www.flightconcepts.com/demo.html
Just remember that at these wingloadings spotting becomes a much larger issue.

IMO

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

I highly recommend Flight Concepts. http://www.flightconcepts.com/demo.html
Just remember that at these wingloadings spotting becomes a much larger issue.

IMO

Especially when winds are considered.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What is your interest in accuracy? Or are you just looking for some really cheap gear?

What's wrong with wanting to do accuracy?

Are you suggesting that accuracy canopies are cheap?

In fact, they are specialized canopies with low volume sales, and therefore discounts usually aren't available - you pay full price for them. So they're actually a bit more expensive than your run of the mill canopy.

Well, I jumped a PD300 when there were no other student rigs, and landed dead centre of the circles. Was alot of fun, although slow.

I intend to give it a shot and see how I go. I'll also be able to land closer to the hanger (where the peas are) :-)

I have a rig already, with a 170 Hornet, so not wanting really cheap gear.

0.7 would mean I'd need a 315 sq ft canopy, taking into account 30lbs of gear... Do they make em that big?
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

What's wrong with wanting to do accuracy?

Nothing is wrong with the discipline of your choice.
I have started jumping on accuracy canopies after 9 jumps on rounds. I prefer soft landings.

(Classic)Accuracy does not seem to be popular these days.

In fact, they are specialized canopies with low volume sales, and therefore discounts usually aren't available - you pay full price for them. So they're actually a bit more expensive than your run of the mill canopy.

I don't think that any new canopy is cheap.

I've seen people do that, and have trouble even landing on the pad let alone score points. One of the canopies (a vented Troll I think) just wouldn't quit flying and sink, the other guys aren't that great at accuracy to begin with I think, but I doubt the canopy helped.... I think loooking for a 2nd hand classic/foil/... is cheaper than buying a new base canopy, in fact I think we still have a 252 in a closet somewhere.... But a base canopy would be a better choice than say the merit I saw a guy trying to sink (hint: don't try that at home) :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Is ther any point jumping accuracy with a BASE canopy? Are they cheap or more expensive than accuracy canopies?

I have no experience with BASE canopies, and can't speak for that. However, accuracy practice at the DZ with a BASE canopy might translate to saving your butt on an actual BASE jump, where landing amidst obstacles gets really serious.

For serious open-field accuracy out of an airplane, where the goal is to touch a dot 1" in diameter, it's either the Classic or the Parafoil that you want. I've jumped both, and settled on a Classic.