shropshire

Skydive scrambles meet..

There are lots of variations, but basically everyone's name is put in a hat and teams are drawn randomly from all interested competitors. Then you organize your team and make the jumps.

A common variation is to break down competitors by some vague experience measure, so that each team gets about the same number of very experienced and very inexperienced members.

Scrambles are always fun, just remember to be safe and not too serious.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

From the horses.... mouth :)

The Scrambles comp is a fun 4-way competition.
Everyone taking part is divided into four groups:
1. Baldricks - usually A license working towards FS1
2. Usually people with B license/FS1
3. Usually people with C license
4. Sky Gods - people with loads of jumps and experience who know what they're talking about (allegedly)
The teams of 4 are picked at random, one from each group. We can watch the (usually highly amusing) footage in the bar after the comp.
There is a trophy for the best team (or least bad, depending on how you look at it), so there is some pride at stake.

part of the fun of a scrambles is that the sky gods who participate don't really mind that and may try to help you and give you tips and things:)
tash

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Hey, it goes further than not minding. The last Scrambles I went to, one of the other teams' Skygods was coaching my team on the quiet. Including our Skygod :)

It's all in the name of fun and progression... love it.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I'm in...i have no problems fucking up a group dive when everyone knows its going to happen. I need to work on my 4 way and what better time.

Count me in....:P

SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Likewise, see you cats there.

There's another one at Hibaldstow (I think) the weekend after, and that could be a goer too B|

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?