lewmonst

KOJI BENEFIT - APRIL 28 - PERRIS

On January 24, 2007, Koji Mizoi, a long time cameraflyer and instructor at Perris Valley Skydiving, had a slink failure just before landing. He lost his right front riser group, spun and landed hard on the dirt. He suffered a C-7, incomplete, spinal cord
injury, leaving him without the use of his legs and very limited use of his hands.

Friends of Koji and Perris Valley Skydiving are having a Benefit for Koji on April 28, 2007. There will be a silent auction, raffle, dinner and music, poker tournament, and gear discussion with PD representatives. There are numerous donations for prizes in the auction and raffle, including jump tickets, helmets, altimeters, tunnel time, coaching from Fury and other accomplished Perris coaches, video jumps, DVD's from Fury and Flyboys, an electric bicycle, Jet jump, pack jobs, reserve repacks, Container, Ground Launching package, massages, t-shirts, necklace, watch, VRW books, and more.

Our goal is to raise $12,500 for Koji's Rehab. The rehab that will give him the best possible chance at getting back everything he possibly can is Project Walk Spinal Cord Injury Recovery in Carlsbad, California. Project Walk is a "non-profit organization and an intense exercise-based recovery program." It is also very expensive and not covered by any insurance or Medi-Cal. You can send donations to:

W 4 Project W
PO Box 32
Perris CA 92570

You can visit their website: projectwalk.org.

For more info. contact Linda Witte:
[email protected] 951-678-1973
or Karen Lewis - 951-378-1010

The discussion of this incident is here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2637625#2637625.

Every dollar or donation, small or large, helps Koji. Thank you in advance for you help.
http://www.exitshot.com

Thank you to everyone who keeps donating to the cause. We also have a personal trainer gift certificate, a ride in a steerman biplane, a nice watch, a viso altimeter, ground launchng, custom paint job on a helmet from Misty, dinner at the Magic Castle in Hollywood, a 2 night stay/getaway package for San Diego, more necklaces and other small stuff.

I'm buying more raffle tickets! We've got a lot of cool donations!

PD is here, tent set up, they will be demoing canopies this weekend. We had a beautiful sunny day here in Perris today! All four of the Fury 8way teams are training, swoopers and freeflyers are here. Super Otter is getting an exciting new paint job...

The school is super busy this weekend as well. It's going to rock! Koji will be here Saturday evening, his first time back on the dropzone since the accident.

I hope to see everyone there. Thanks again to everyone in the community who has contributed!

Karen Lewis
aka Lew

WOW, THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

The turn-out was fantastic. The whole event was a huge success. We well-surpassed our goal of $12,500 towards Koji's rehab. I am truly touched by the support within the community and family in Perris. We sold out of all the raffle tickets, gave away over 50 prizes in the raffles. Had 40-some prizes in the auction, for which nearly everything was bid on and sold. There was quite a war amongst some of the Perris locals over some of the prizes. It was so much fun. It was great to see everyone in their "How High We Now?" t-shirts, of which all the proceeds went to Koji's rehab. What a fantastic day and night. And it was absolutely awesome to have Koji and Sachiko back on the dz. Koji thanked and hung out all evening. He's been going to Project Walk since Tuesday and is very excited about the rehab.

You all amaze me. Thanks again to everyone!

Sincerely,
Lew

(Karen Lewis)

BUMP.

It is never to late to send a donation to a great cause, if you can help a brother out please do.
The turn out was great and raised a lot of funds to help Koji, but not all that is needed. Every dollar or donation, small or large, helps Koji. Thank you in advance for your help.

You can send donations to:

W 4 Project W
PO Box 32
Perris CA 92570

You can visit their website: www.projectwalk.org.

(attached photo, Skyhawks present a check and photo to Koji)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Yes they did him well, hats off to everyone really for such huge turn out & support. I would have posted the better images but I have sent them off, so if they don't used I will post the good ones.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo