scroadload

Skydiving Rubber Stamp

:)Well yesterday was my first day back to skydiving after a 28 year leave of absence. It was great doing some 4 ways and 3 ways, all went very well including some no contact RW. The only thing that I had a problem with (other than my landings) was the nomenclature of the maneuvers we were doing. Even though we did a dirt dive and the maneuvers explained, I had a hard time visualizing them:S. Which brings me to the heart of this post, where can I purchase a little rubber stamp with a jumper on it so I can stamp out the maneuver and the transitions on paper. I have looked at the Para-Gear, Square1,Aerostore web sites and other online stores to no avail. Can any of you tell me specifically where to purchase one.

Thanks In Advance
Sincerely
John
Blue Skies
D-2626, SCR1999, SCS641, NSCR2350, GW6909

Blue Skies!!!!!!

One of the best resources for the formations is the USPA comp manual. That will show all the 4 way formations and usually its just slight variations of it to a 3 or 5 way. Fastrax has animated dives on their website also that might help if anyone wants to spin a block or something.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

just drop a note to eli_at_fallschirmshop.at

i know she's got at least two different kind of these stamps
note: the stamps will be way cheaper than the postage you'll have to pay from europe to usa
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

I remember the stamp well .It was the same as the magnet guys you planned your jumps with. I remember a guy at Richmond using the stamp in his big comment area log book.He spent quit a while putting all the forty people doing rotating 10-way diamonds redocks to a large 40 way diamond , I asked what he was doing.He said "I log what we planned not what we got." I said "Wouldnt it have been easier to show a 6-way then you taking it out like a bowling ball to never rebuild again".Ah yes I remember when you had to be tough to be a skydiver.
By the way are you only counting active time in the sport as my D-3001 was issued in 1970

Can any of you tell me specifically where to purchase one.

I agree with tdog - get it made. In the Tulsa phone book there are about ten different places that make rubber stamps, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a place. You can either draw your own design or use an existing one - if you draw your own, draw it a lot bigger than you want it to end up. The stamp place should be able to reduce it and all the mistakes you made will disappear. :) If you want a ready-made image, I have attached a couple that I converted from Gary Peek's clip art collection.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

;) Thanks for the help, Joe L who jumps at The Cleveland Sport Parachute Club (near me) told me they had stamps there, so this weekend I'll go there and get one, and maybe do a freefly with Joe.
Thanks again
John

PS I started jumping in 1968, quit in 1978 started back in 2007
D-2626, SCR1999, SCS641, NSCR2350, GW6909

Blue Skies!!!!!!

Hi John
welcome back! Square1 does have a full line of stamps--including RW (FS), CRW, Wingsuit, Freefly, Sit fly etc. They are not on the website yet (yes, I know--that is silly but so life goes).

Call them 800.877.7191 and talk wtih Jackie or Kristian and they can hook you up!

blue skies
kate