thepaintballguy

Has anyone here ever tried this?

Hey,
Just thought I would ask to see if anyone has ever tried this before. It looks like a lot of fun! How hard is this to do?

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuetDfQ-1nY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmyspace%2Ecom%2Fthepaintballguy[url]

Josh

*EDIT* CLICK URL BELOW!!!! Thanks!
Q: Why would someone ever want to jump from a perfectly good airplane?

A: Why Not?

Hey,
Just thought I would ask to see if anyone has ever tried this before. It looks like a lot of fun! How hard is this to do?

Yes. We did something similar back in the mid 90's, over Squaw Valley in Lake Tahoe. It was called Blade Running.
Ground launch was done by a few, but most of us exited from an Otter. Fun.... :)

Be safe
Ed

www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

HAHA crap I forgot about that. Thanks! Yeah click the post above this one!

josh

Looks pretty wild..is that you? B|

LOL, no thats not me. I am still in my training. I only have 5 static line jumps in right now. I will be starting AFF this weekend though!!! WOO HOO

Josh
Q: Why would someone ever want to jump from a perfectly good airplane?

A: Why Not?

What kind of canopy would be feesible to accomplish that? Im from pennsylvania and we have some moutain ranges that would deff be PRISTINE to try this!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

anyone has ever tried this before.

I have, in winter 2006, in that very location you see in the video.

The guys you see in the video are skiiing & paragliding instructors. They have a small school to teach this stuff to beginners. They are using regular skydiving canopies between 90 sq ft and 160 sq ft.

How hard is this to do?

If you're a reasonable skier, it's not technically difficult at all, but I would definitely recommend getting instruction the first couple of times.

Do ya have a web site for the small school that they are running?
We are coming into the ski season here in OZ and "if" we get any snow my rig is coming with me to play.
I would like to know their thoughts on winng loading etc.

If you speak French, here it is: http://www.ecole-speedriding.com/

They go pretty high on wingloading because they want to stay as close as possible to the slope. I was surprised to learn that the goal for "speedriding" is not to fly as high/long as possible, but rather to "attack" the slope as much as possible. They gave me an overloaded Springo 110 (@ 1.8), even though they had plenty of larger canopies available. They were willing to let me use my Velocity @ 2.2 as well (which I didn't, it was still brand new then).