mnealtx

Swoopers and accuracy jumpers poll?

Are we talking about "Zone accuracy" here?

If not and you are talking about the parafoil accuracy chaps, then the poll makes no sense.

Do you want to put the accuracy tuffet in the middle of the swoop lane or what?

In most cases on a low pass I've got my Velo packed before the parafoil guy has even landed :D

Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Are we talking about "Zone accuracy" here?

If not and you are talking about the parafoil accuracy chaps, then the poll makes no sense.

Do you want to put the accuracy tuffet in the middle of the swoop lane or what?

In most cases on a low pass I've got my Velo packed before the parafoil guy has even landed :D

That's exactly what I was asking about... accuracy guys (tuffet thumpers) in the swoop lane. An argument was made on the other swooping threads that the BSR would have the accuracy folks playing in the swoop lanes.

Thanks for the post!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The low man has the right of way. If you're up higher wanting to swoop, and an accuracy jumper is below you, simply fly by on one side or the other, with adequate seperation. What's so difficult about that? The same thing would apply if the lower canopy was doing something else other than accuracy, but was slower than you. So the accuracy is really irrelevant. The bottom line is that higher canopies should not interfere with lower canopies. That's common courtesy, and common sense safety.

I apologize to all that I wasn't clear in my poll options or postings - an argument in the BSR thread was stating that accuracy jumpers would be forced into the swoop lane.

I did not mean to imply that an accuracy tuffet would be placed in the swoop lane, but that accuracy jumpers would (for some reason) be picking some sort of target in the swoop lane to land at.

My only experience with accuracy folks is that they ordinarily "shoot the peas" - I really couldn't envision a DZ putting the pea pit in the middle of the swoop lane.

Mods - if you could kill this, I'd like to re-do the poll. My inadvertent mistake has probably skewed the poll answers.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think your proposal to ban all accuracy jumpers and have them mocked and their heads shaved so they can stand in the swoop lane as "living pylons" is not a fair proposal.

I won't be subscribing to your newsletter.

Good day, sir.

Edit: I propose a little something I call "education". All skydivers should immediately take 3 of the 4 class curriculums: Math, Literature, History, Pottery Making.

Upon return, they shall be more 'educated' and the problem will go away.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think your proposal to ban all accuracy jumpers and have them mocked and their heads shaved so they can stand in the swoop lane as "living pylons" is not a fair proposal.

I won't be subscribing to your newsletter.

Good day, sir.

Edit: I propose a little something I call "education". All skydivers should immediately take 3 of the 4 class curriculums: Math, Literature, History, Pottery making.

Upon return, they shall be more 'educated' and the problem will go away.

:D:D:D
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"Pottery Making" can be replaced with reading all the Harry Potter books provided the students mentally thinks the work "Pottery" whenever reading the word "Potter".

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

at every DZ i've been too the Accuracy Pit (tuffet) is situated away from the swoop alley, so the aproaches are toataly different
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

at every DZ i've been too the Accuracy Pit (tuffet) is situated away from the swoop alley, so the aproaches are toataly different

Thanks, Squeak...that was what I was trying to point out to ematteo in the other thread... I don't see accuracy guys using the swoop lane until they start putting the pea pit in the middle of it...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706