skylee_pinoy

I have ## jumps but not licensed

good day sirs!

im from philippines. got ## jumps already and made only 4 videos to date.
i'm going to dubai anydate this july... and i heard about Umm Al Quwain Aeroclub that also offers skydiving.
my problem now is that their DZ requires one to be USPA license holder...

my question now is: HOW CAN I GET USPA license without a need for me to go back training again? (i mean go through AFF).

please answer my quiries at [email protected]

Are you current? Do you have your yellow card filled out? Thats a temporary A-Licence. That along with your membership is your A-licence is valid at all USPA dropzones if I recall.

I had 550 jumps before I skipped to D-License. All the different dropzones I jumped at only required me to have a membership.
Na' Cho' Cheese

Do you have a non-USPA license?

They seemed happy to let us jump on BPA licenses (including students, with BPA instructors) in February/March.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

we don't have license here... but there are very few from up north (philippines) that has USPA license.

is it possible for a DZ at UAE to issue me a USPA license? i mean, do i have to get A License even if i jumps already? anyways i'll be bringing my logbook with me, so i guess it's easy that way... for them to issue one for me. :ph34r:

It sounds like the original poster's problem is that there are very few instructors in the Phillipines ... period ... much less USPA instructors.

I am not even sure if the Phillipines have a national skydiving association.
I have heard scary stories about the quality of skydiving instruction varying widely from one end of the Phillipines to the other.
Hee!
Hee!

His best bet would be to pay for USPA membership now, then try to find a USPA Instructor when he arives in UAE. Any USPA Instructor or S&TA could assist him in completing the necessary dives, written exams, etc.
A major point involves arriving at Skydive UAE with all his logbooks, video, etc. in hand.

It sounds like the original poster's problem is that there are very few instructors in the Phillipines ... period ... much less USPA instructors.

I am not even sure if the Phillipines have a national skydiving association.
I have heard scary stories about the quality of skydiving instruction varying widely from one end of the Phillipines to the other.
Hee!
Hee!

His best bet would be to pay for USPA membership now, then try to find a USPA Instructor when he arives in UAE. Any USPA Instructor or S&TA could assist him in completing the necessary dives, written exams, etc.
A major point involves arriving at Skydive UAE with all his logbooks, video, etc. in hand.

so, the USPA instructor can issue one for me?... that would be great... thanks...

hehehe... about instructions here... we only have 2 fatalities in our club in central part of our country since 1981. one died on water impact in early 1990's and the other got broken hip during a demojump.
our main problem here are rigs... very old student gear... except those who own theirs.

Check with Mort Freedman at Clark or Maragratta Station, Angeles City.
He is a good guy and will be able to help you.
LHG

is mort still jumping?... what i've heard was he's already retired???
anyways... i only have few days left before going to UAE and jump at UAQ Aeroclub.
thanks for the help sirs.

we don't have license here... but there are very few from up north (philippines) that has USPA license.

You shouldn't need a license, you need a USPA membership to jump at a USPA dropzone, and you can get a temp one of those.