flyinchicken

A tandem for recurrency

The tandem is a way for me to test my emotional response to the situation after doing a lot of personal work.

I’m sorry if I sounded harsh.

Knowing the higher malfunction rate, the butt-slide landings and the fact that you’re handing your life over to a Tandem Instructor, I just don’t see how this will be beneficial or safer.

I’ve been through my struggles and the end solution is to just man up a little bit and put your fears aside. Trust your skills and your equipment.

You have plenty of experience to get back on the horse.

What exactly is it that you are so afraid will happen?
Leave your fear and self doubt on the ground where is belongs. You are welcome to come and play in the sky when you feel ready.

Hiya NW,
Funny I'm not looking for validation of anything, I can't do the jump yet as it is not me paying my skydiving bill, it is my dad and when the time comes I will go. Trust me I would rather be in the sky doing just what you are saying.
my thread began....
I'm doing a tandem for recurrency(think too myself "hey what a good idea, wonder what other skydivers think of it")
Went to skydivers flipping that it's for sissies n the like to
me explaining I have my own personal reasons for doing it an finally getting that most skydivers don't think tandems are even a remotely good idea for recurrencey LOL to
people challenging my fitness to jump to
me explaining I have gone through a lot of work to jump to
peeps saying shut up n jump and THAT is really ALL I wanna do LMAO
Nowhere in this thread was I asking for any validation of anything, I was actually saying I didn't give a rats ass what anyone else thinks about my choices.
I really only wanted to see what other jumpers thought of a tandem for recurrency and ended up being attacked so I defended myself geesh. As soon as I DO jump, I'll let ya know how it went. =)

"Diligent observation leads to pure abstraction". Lari Pittman

Hiya NW,
Funny I'm not looking for validation of anything, I can't do the jump yet as it is not me paying my skydiving bill, it is my dad and when the time comes I will go. Trust me I would rather be in the sky doing just what you are saying.
my thread began....
I'm doing a tandem for recurrency(think too myself "hey what a good idea, wonder what other skydivers think of it")
Went to skydivers flipping that it's for sissies n the like to
me explaining I have my own personal reasons for doing it an finally getting that most skydivers don't think tandems are even a remotely good idea for recurrencey LOL to
people challenging my fitness to jump to
me explaining I have gone through a lot of work to jump to
peeps saying shut up n jump and THAT is really ALL I wanna do LMAO
Nowhere in this thread was I asking for any validation of anything, I was actually saying I didn't give a rats ass what anyone else thinks about my choices.
I really only wanted to see what other jumpers thought of a tandem for recurrency and ended up being attacked so I defended myself geesh. As soon as I DO jump, I'll let ya know how it went. =)

Hi FC

Atta girl on the troll, subtle but effectiveB| IMO A solid 7.5:D