robertmicp

B lic test (USPA)

Im going to make my 50th jump next week. I was wondering whats on the B lic written test? Do I need to study long hours for it.

It isn't hard, but you do need to read the SIM and study a bit. For details see article 4 called "License Exams" at http://ranchskydive.com/safety/index.htm
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Im going to make my 50th jump next week. I was wondering whats on the B lic written test? Do I need to study long hours for it.

heh, you've already passed me, Robert!

At least my container showed up today. I'll be racking em up soon enough. Maybe I can get B signed off in time for New Year's night jumps.

One part of all the tests that continually pissed me off was the questions that asked for "recommended" instead of "required".

Like, "What is the recommended license for an open field jump?"

I always viewed that stuff as trick questions and pointless.

Know your min opening alt, horiz separations, license req for certain jumps.

Its basically common sense. I read the SIM twice in a year and still managed to miss only one.

Have you been signed off on all of your accuracy landings? you need 10 of them to qualify.

Also either you have to have an instructor or coach go up with you to observe your B license check dive Or have someone video it.

Be sure to read FAR 105 in the SIM and memorize it.

\

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Changed stuff like pull altitudes, clearances etc. New stuff like CRW rules & related info, night jump rules & related physiological & FAR stuff, misc stuff like freefly training (yea...?) and altitudes and just about anything else you can think of.

The test is multiple choice so it's not very difficult but you will need to study your SIM.

There were a few trick questions in there when I took it for example some questions applied to pilots and not jumpers and so required a different answer>:(.

Last I checked if you fail you can retake the exact same test 7 days later, no charge, so don't sweat it.

Have you been signed off on all of your accuracy landings? you need 10 of them to qualify.

Also either you have to have an instructor or coach go up with you to observe your B license check dive Or have someone video it.

\

Have all my landings siged off. I have 10 RW (2 person or more) signed off also. Just need to make my 50th and take the test.

Thanks for all the great study help/hints.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

I remember a question about #########

Another was about ##########.

Hey knock it off, what's the point of giving the guy the questions? At least keep it general. I suspect they may have changed with the new SIM anyway. I don't know how often they revise the test but once a year with the new SIM would make sense.

You're *supposed* to study for the test, it makes sure you've at least read up on the basics. Giving someone the specific questions is not actually doing them a favor, probably the opposite.

>>Hey knock it off, what's the point of giving the guy the questions? At least keep it general. I suspect they may have changed with the new SIM anyway. I don't know how often they revise the test but once a year with the new SIM would make sense<<
-----------------------------------------------------------

Actually I have a copy of all the test and the ANSWERS B,C,D. they are the same test i took and I do not believe have changed the questions for a while.

Actually I have a copy of all the test and the ANSWERS B,C,D. they are the same test i took and I do not believe have changed the questions for a while.

...and how will this test your knowledge? :|
With so many AFF-Is, S&TAs, & DZOs that lurk here I'm surprised that you'd admit that.
Then again, may be you are one of the aforementioned.

They've changed this year so you'll have to obtain them illegally again. :S